Price range for clip+ 2GB

I was wondering about the price range for the clip+ 2GB. I want to get one for my mom’s birthday. Any Ideas?

It can depend on where you’re located.  In the U.S., around $40 (about $38 at Amazon.com right now; free ship).

I bought mine on ebay from buy.com. 2gb is listed as 40, 4gb is 50(i have this one) and 8 is 70 i think.

A trifle less expensive through Amazon.com (at last check, the 8gb was at around $62 there).

Im in the US. and i saw one at Toysrus for about 39.99. Although i did’nt have my money with me then.

4gb Clip Plus is $39.99 at Best Buy and Amazon right now.

Just amazing … 

Amazon

Clip+ 4GB $39.99
Clip+ 2GB $38.24

Best Buy

Clip+ 4GB $39.99
Clip+ 2GB $39.99

I wonder why they dont lower the price on the 2GB one since you got to be very cheap to get the 2gb one even if you dont need 4gb at the moment

Clip+ 2gb for $38. Retail

16gb microsd for $40. Retail

Why can’t I have a Clip+ with 16gb onboard for $78? And a 32gb player for $118 when I add the microsd card?

Assume the 2gb memory on the player costs nothing, the player itself retails for under $40. 16gb of micro flash memory retails for $40. Just combine them please…

…and yet stupid lemmings are thrilled, just thrilled, to pay up to $69 for an 8gb Clip+.

@robisan wrote:

Clip+ 2gb for $38. Retail

16gb microsd for $40. Retail

 

Why can’t I have a Clip+ with 16gb onboard for $78? And a 32gb player for $118 when I add the microsd card?

 

Assume the 2gb memory on the player costs nothing, the player itself retails for under $40. 16gb of micro flash memory retails for $40. Just combine them please…

 

…and yet stupid lemmings are thrilled, just thrilled, to pay up to $69 for an 8gb Clip+.

That is the best example yet of what you’ve been saying about the relative pricing…$38 vs. $40. Where has common sense gone?

@omega007 wrote:

Amazon

Clip+ 4GB $39.99
Clip+ 2GB $38.24

Best Buy

Clip+ 4GB $39.99
Clip+ 2GB $39.99

I wonder why they dont lower the price on the 2GB one since you got to be very cheap to get the 2gb one even if you dont need 4gb at the moment

Getting a 2gig over a 4 gig makes more sense to me because of the expansion slot.  The internal memory is only good as long as the clip+ lasts.  But a card can be always be used in another device and it’s made to be durable.  The card will outlast the clip+.


mags1230 wrote:

Getting a 2gig over a 4 gig makes more sense to me because of the expansion slot.  The internal memory is only good as long as the clip+ lasts.  But a card can be always be used in another device and it’s made to be durable.  The card will outlast the clip+.


That makes no sense to me, if you choose the 4gb clip+ you re getting 2gb more for 1.74 dollars or for free on best buy, what does it has to do with the microsd, even if you use the micro sd for your mp3s, you can use the extra 2gb for backing up files or something else.

@omega007 wrote:


@mags1230 wrote:

Getting a 2gig over a 4 gig makes more sense to me because of the expansion slot.  The internal memory is only good as long as the clip+ lasts.  But a card can be always be used in another device and it’s made to be durable.  The card will outlast the clip+.


 

That makes no sense to me, if you choose the 4gb clip+ you re getting 2gb more for 1.74 dollars or for free on best buy, what does it has to do with the microsd, even if you use the micro sd for your mp3s, you can use the extra 2gb for backing up files or something else.

I reread your previous post and you’re right.  I wasn’t paying enough attention to the prices that you posted.  With the price of the 2 and 4 gig the same or nearly so, it makes more sense to get the 4 gig.

Imo Sandisk should have made the Clip+ in 4 GB, 8 GB, and 16GB, and not made the 2 GB.  There really isn’t any reason to have a 2 GB Clip+, and many reasons to have a 16 GB one.

Well, after the original Clip debuted, the larger 4gb Clip came out the following January or February (I remember, as the announcement for this was made a few days after the expiration date for my possible return of my 2gb Clip …).  And so, who knows what might happen in 3-4 months.    :slight_smile:

@miikerman wrote:
Well, after the original Clip debuted, the larger 4gb Clip came out the following January or February (I remember, as the announcement for this was made a few days after the expiration date for my possible return of my 2gb Clip …).  And so, who knows what might happen in 3-4 months.    :slight_smile:

Gotta milk all those fools willing to overpay for the 8gb Clip+ first…

The people who are really paying too much for a sansa are the ones who get the original clip at the current Amazon prices.

Original clip 8 gig - $69.28

Clip+ 8 gig - $62.23

Those who get the original clip are paying more for less.

Remember my second post in this thread? Well I made a mistake. It was actually 29.99. I went there again, but still did’nt have money.