Podcast playback: would like to see time remaining instead of elapsed time

I use my 8GB clip mostly to listen to podcasts, some of which are close to 2 hours in length.  The clip by default shows how much time has elapsed on a track that is playing.  However, it makes more sense to me to show a countdown.  So if a track is 60 minutes, start at 60 and count down as the track plays, then it is easy to see how long the track is AND how much time is left.  Sometimes I want to know how much time is left on a podcast, but all I can see is how much time has passed and an approximate amount of time left based on my interpretation of the progress bar.

First, is it possible to change this view from elapsed time to a countdown?  If not, is it something that is being considered in a future firmware update?

@zdaddy wrote:

I use my 8GB clip mostly to listen to podcasts, some of which are close to 2 hours in length.  The clip by default shows how much time has elapsed on a track that is playing.  However, it makes more sense to me to show a countdown.  So if a track is 60 minutes, start at 60 and count down as the track plays, then it is easy to see how long the track is AND how much time is left.  Sometimes I want to know how much time is left on a podcast, but all I can see is how much time has passed and an approximate amount of time left based on my interpretation of the progress bar.

First, is it possible to change this view from elapsed time to a countdown?  If not, is it something that is being considered in a future firmware update?

As of right now, it’s not possible to switch it. I don’t know if it is being considered in a future update or not, although it has been suggested from time to time. I use my old 2GB for mostly podcasts, and I do the same thing, try to guess based on the progress bar.