Clip display

Why is the track duration or time remaing in the track not displayed? If the elapsed time is moved way to left, there should be space to have the time remaing on the right of the progress bar, even if this means shrinking the progress bar a bit(having it like on the Fuze). It seems like the font for elapsed time could be enlarged a bit, or made bolder so it is easier to read. Seeing the time remaing or total track time is very important when one is listening to podcasts that might vary greatly in duration.

@jk98 wrote:
Why is the track duration or time remaing in the track not displayed? If the elapsed time is moved way to left, there should be space to have the time remaing on the right of the progress bar, even if this means shrinking the progress bar a bit(having it like on the Fuze). It seems like the font for elapsed time could be enlarged a bit, or made bolder so it is easier to read. Seeing the time remaing or total track time is very important when one is listening to podcasts that might vary greatly in duration.

I find that it’s pretty easy to guess how much time is left, by looking at the progress bar’s movement and already elapsed time.And if you’re pressed for time and can’t hear it all when you listen, it will resume in the same spot when you go back to it later, so why worry? As someone who had the Fuze first, I find the Clip very relaxing…no need to stress over album art, whether my audio and video are in sync, etc. Let the Clip free your mind of these worries, and enjoy it. Life’s too short to obsess over every perceived little failure :smiley:

It depends. If a podcast could be between 40 minutes, and  an hour and 20 minutes, then I would want to know this. If for example, I have an hour to listen, I would want to know if the track is more or less than an hour in duration.

@jk98 wrote:
It depends. If a podcast could be between 40 minutes, and  an hour and 20 minutes, then I would want to know this. If for example, I have an hour to listen, I would want to know if the track is more or less than an hour in duration.

How do you get your podcasts? I get mine in MediaMonkey, and I can see right there the length of each one before I put it onto my Clip/Fuze. Of course, if you had a whole bunch of them that you were loading onto your player , I could see it being hard to keep track of.

Agreed that it would be mighty handy to have both elapsed time and time remaining displayed, and that it should be possible …