Playlist software ?

I dont’ like windows media player.  Is there another good app for making playlists and syncing them up with the fuze ?  Thanks.

I love winamp, its simple and easy for making playlists. doesn’t require you to import your music to winamp library either, just drag into the playlist editor.

I use Rhapsody, since it’s integrated with Rhapsody To Go, Channels and can create Dynamic Playlists that refresh themselves whenever you reconnect your Fuze.

i was a firm winamp user for over 10 years until i got my fuse a couple months ago. i kept finding that it would freeze, wouldn’t sync right, and, worst of all, required me to edit tags of individual songs (my previous mp3 player used windows file structure so tags weren’t critical to me). i got really frustrated, but then tried mediamonkey on the recommendation of someone on this board and… wow. absolutely simple to edit tags in groups, sync playlists, and even allows you to see your collection via the windows file structure (or artist, or song, or album, etc.). highly recommended.

I second both Winamp and MediaMonkey.  I prefer Winamp as my main player and do all my playlisting and syncing with it.  However, MediaMonkey is definitely more powerful and can do a lot of things that Winamp simply can’t.  I just prefer Winamp’s simpler interface for day to day use.  I tend to use MediaMonkey for major library maintenance, tagging, etc.

@skinjob wrote:
I second both Winamp and MediaMonkey. I prefer Winamp as my main player and do all my playlisting and syncing with it. However, MediaMonkey is definitely more powerful and can do a lot of things that Winamp simply can’t. I just prefer Winamp’s simpler interface for day to day use. I tend to use MediaMonkey for major library maintenance, tagging, etc.

agreed, although MM is growing on me. i think my biggest issue is the lack of available skins. either they’re ugly or the “mini-player” lacks basic features like, y’know, VOLUME.