Operation failed message

every time I try to copy my iphone 11 photos onto the sandisk drive give me the “operation failed…try later” message…
I have about 20,000 photos… my sandisk drive is 128gb
any suggestion? Im I doing something wrong?
thanks!

1 Like

@miamaelia I am also facing the same. For the last 2 days African waist beads.

Mi too having the same error msg, I just bought mine a day ago. This is really annoying, hope there’s an ans to it…

Did anyone find out how to fix it?

You are getting this error because in order to transfer a pic, video, etc… from your device/phone/tablet and over to the ixpand drive, the actual file or files has to be on the device/phone/tablet that you are attempting to transfer from. Nowadays most people have an offload storage account such as iCloud that has been synced up with their devices. Because of this, depending on your personal settings, you may have chosen to sync your device with your iCloud account offloading the larger full quality files to free up space while at the same time generating a “proxy” which is just a more manageable smaller file that is used as a place holder instead of the much larger bulky and all-consuming 4K video of your Grandma running into a wall at full sprint with a VR headset strapped to her blue haired head. But don’t fret… All you have to do is re-link the actual files with the proxies and be patient.

How do I re-link the actual files?