once unplugged

My clip zip got wet I dried it in dry rice for 24 hours. When plugged in I got it to come on and play music but once unplugged it stops. I charged it over night still the samething happens. Any ideas

Maybe wait till the rest of the humidity is dried – or force it to dry by means of a hairdrier or other forms of warmth. But it’s possible that the battery is dead after a short-circuit. In this case all you could do is trying to get it repaired or buying a new player. What does the battery indicator show after a full charge?

@jess1995 wrote:

_ My clip zip got wet I dried it in dry rice for 24 hours. _ When plugged in I got it to come on and play music but once unplugged it stops. I charged it over night still the samething happens. Any ideas

This ususally isn’t long enough to thoroughly dry all the moisture on the inside on the player unless it got just barely wet. A week left in dry rice, changing or stirring every couple of days is best.

It could be that a lead to the battery became undone or corrupted, or that the water did something to interfere with the connection, physically or electronically. 

Hi Jess, let us know if leaving it on for a week fixes the issue. Would be nice to know that having it dried on dry rice will work for this instance.