Old guy new gadget

I have just purchased my first MP3 player, a SansaClip+. I synced music from ITunes, Amazon and personal cd’s. Most of what I synced will not play, the artist and song title appear on the screen, but will immediately skip past them and onto the tracks that do play, about 80% do not play though they show up on the screen in a micro second. I have one year old cds that I uploaded to to my computer that play, and one year old cds that don’t play. many are 2-30 years old that play everywhere but on the MP3 player. I am baffled. Problem #2 is: I went to my Windows Media player and then to “music” and started to sync the aforementioned music, and then it just kept syncing, going through my “pictures” file and trying to sync them, before I caught it, it had been running quite awhile before I stopped it, what gives? I’m under the impression that it would have tried to sync everything on my computer if I hadn’t stopped it! Now I have to figure out how to undo the pics from the Clip+ without deleting them from my computer.Thanks.

The clip plus is only compatible with MP3, WMA, OGG and FLAC file formats. Itunes uses AAC. You will need to check what file format the songs are and make sure they are one of the supported file formats for the clip+. If your files are AAC you will need to convert them. 

As for WMP it sounds like it is set to auto sync. In options for WMP there should be a setting to turn that off. 

And to delete pics just go to computer then open the sansa clip brows to the picture just like you would on a flash drive and delete them. 

Or you can check the song files one by one and see if the sound formats are supported. Just use those free ware converters if it is by any chance AAC. Btw, is there any consideration from Sansa that it will be supporting AAC in the future?

@austingrd wrote:
Or you can check the song files one by one and see if the sound formats are supported. Just use those free ware converters if it is by any chance AAC. Btw, is there any consideration from Sansa that it will be supporting AAC in the future?

The latest player, the Clip Zip already does (to an extent). I doubt very seriously whether this enhancement will be aded to the Plus model, nor do I think SanDisk will offer any new models in the future.

Of course, this is only my own opinion and I could be wrong. It’s been know to happen once or twice before. :stuck_out_tongue: