Hi, thanks in advance for any answer, I messed up my old and loyal Sansa e130, deleted the original firmware from it in recovery mode, trying to updating to 2.0.010a, but I failed. I have downloaded the firmware in Sansa’s website but it doesn’t work (stucks in progress). So, if anybody have it, please contact me.
Is this what you’re looking for?
Thanks for your answer but no, look, I was trying to do this:
"Updating sansa e130 firmware 1.0.010a to 2.0.0.01a
- put together fw. 1.0.010a and 2.0.001a , download it (two files, both on oficial website sandisk, fw 1.x is here: http://sandisk.com/Assets/File/Downloads/firmware/sansa-1.0.010a.exe (no longer available), i cannot find link on sandisk, but google find him)
- make sure, that you have all files backed up. After flashig is Sansa absolute empy. Download driver for Creativ Muvo TX FM mass storage (on Creative website, this is necessarily for installing device in RECOVERY MODE) and install it.
- get into recovery mod -> lock HOLD button, press and lock up power/menu btn., connect on USB ( continually have pressed menu/power), for approximately 5-10 sec you can see new device found ( STMP3500 or thereabouts). Windows now install driver for this device(it use Creative driver).
- Now you can try update your device with fw. 2.0.001a(confirm caution). If successful, you have it. If you see message: failed, dont worry.(i have tried 5 advances, but with same effect: failed….)
- now is time for resuscitation: so, use flash number one(1.0.010a), program waiting on your Sansa, you must get into recovery mod and program begin with writing flash into Sansa (you can see progress). After this flashing you have same flash version like at beginning. (with flashing at version 1.x i have not problem, no failed messages)
- in this step you write on Sansa flash version 2.0.001a, simply run flash updater, connect Sansa(in recovery mode), run updating. This step is equal like step n. 4, but with one difference: now pass flashing successful So, now you can get into menu, information and you can see new version 2.x, enjoy."
As you can see, there was a separate firmware updater, and that’s what I’m looking for. Maybe is inside the sansa-2.0.0.01a but I can’t find it. This it what’s is inside .exe:
I have an e280 and 2 Clips 4GB, but this Sansa e130 has some affective value so… I want to bring it back to life.
I’ll pay for it.
Ok, i found some temporary files inside the TEMP directory:
There must to be some value that I can change in setup file. Anyone knows something about it?
Message Edited by sansa_boya on 04-13-2010 08:18 PM