Not Happy With My Sansa Fuze, and the lack of service I've recieved

I’m voicing my complaint here, because there doesn’t seem to be anyplace to to say it.  My Fuze in now 6 months old, and it just stopped working correctly.  The screen became unreadable, it would go blank, or pixilate completely.  Fortunately it was covered under warranty… I thought ok no problem.  Well after two weeks of jumping through hoops of trying this and that, I sent the thing in several weeks ago last month and was told, once received, it would take 7-10 business days for them to mail the replacement. I’m a pretty reasonable person, I understand, sometimes things break, from reading many product reviews it seems most customers aren’t having similar problems, mine is a fluke.

I first tried using the ebox, which Sandisk requires you set up to ask for a status update.  No one replied…EVER.

3-4 days later I called and was told to check back next week.  

I called back, on business day 12, 3 weeks after the damaged player showed as received, and no one knew the status and he said he could not find out.  After talking in circles and not getting any answers, he finally agreed to have a supervisor call me.  He had no answers either, he talked circles around my questions without providing any answers…he said he’d check and I’d get an update in 24-48 business hours (not to be confused with 1-2 business days), that is up to 6 additional days, not to send me my replacement, but to get me an update as to when I MIGHT be sent a replacement .  Apparently they can’t pick up the phone and call or even IM or email the department that is supposed to send the replacement.  I asked and was told “It doesn’t work that way”.  

I am so surprised that a large company like Sandisk has such incredibly lousy customer service.  I hope that someone who works at Sandisk, that cares reads this.  They don’t seem to care enough to put adequate contact information on their webites. 

@agorthy wrote:

I’m voicing my complaint here, because there doesn’t seem to be anyplace to to say it.  My Fuze in now 6 months old, and it just stopped working correctly.  The screen became unreadable, it would go blank, or pixilate completely.  Fortunately it was covered under warranty… I thought ok no problem.  Well after two weeks of jumping through hoops of trying this and that, I sent the thing in several weeks ago last month and was told, once received, it would take 7-10 business days for them to mail the replacement. I’m a pretty reasonable person, I understand, sometimes things break, from reading many product reviews it seems most customers aren’t having similar problems, mine is a fluke.

I first tried using the ebox, which Sandisk requires you set up to ask for a status update.  No one replied…EVER.

3-4 days later I called and was told to check back next week.  

I called back, on business day 12, 3 weeks after the damaged player showed as received, and no one knew the status and he said he could not find out.  After talking in circles and not getting any answers, he finally agreed to have a supervisor call me.  He had no answers either, he talked circles around my questions without providing any answers…he said he’d check and I’d get an update in 24-48 business hours (not to be confused with 1-2 business days), that is up to 6 additional days, not to send me my replacement, but to get me an update as to when I MIGHT be sent a replacement .  Apparently they can’t pick up the phone and call or even IM or email the department that is supposed to send the replacement.  I asked and was told “It doesn’t work that way”.  

I am so surprised that a large company like Sandisk has such incredibly lousy customer service.  I hope that someone who works at Sandisk, that cares reads this.  They don’t seem to care enough to put adequate contact information on their webites. 

It sounds as if none of your experiences have been normal. The initial issue is something I have not heard of previously (at least not as you described). Then your customer service experience is definitely not the norm. Things do get lost or missed in the shuffle. I would keep calling them and pushing to find your player. Did they give you a number related to your service request? If so reference that. Eventually youll get an answer. But it is a shame that it comes to this in your case (and a rare few others). 

Hello Agorthy,

I have checked with the SanDisk support team regarding your warranty replacement. Currently some orders have been delayed while SanDisk is transitioning to a new business logistics system. You order will ship out today via UPS. Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the delay.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

@slotmonsta wrote:

Hello Agorthy,

I have checked with the SanDisk support team regarding your warranty replacement. Currently some orders have been delayed while SanDisk is transitioning to a new business logistics system. You order will ship out today via UPS. Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the delay.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

This is Why Slotmonsta is THE MAN!!!