Noise/static between tracks

I just got a Clip+.  I used Windows Media Player to sync and everything seemed fine.

However when the player switches from one track to another I get a second or so of white noise (static) before the next track starts.

This happens about 50% of the time.  The noise is the same loudness as the music and I get it in both shuffle mode and non shuffle mode.

Does anyone know what causes this and how I can cure it?

Thanks in advance.

I believe that some others have posted about this, and that it is an issue in the files themselves.  If others don’t post solutions here, you might try a search on the issue using the search box at the upper right.

@boociebear wrote:

I just got a Clip+.  I used Windows Media Player to sync and everything seemed fine.

However when the player switches from one track to another I get a second or so of white noise (static) before the next track starts.

This happens about 50% of the time.  The noise is the same loudness as the music and I get it in both shuffle mode and non shuffle mode.

Thanks in advance.

You posted this same exact message word-for-word (except for your Fuze+) in the Fuze+ board 2 days ago.

Do you have both a Clip+ and a Fuze+ that are experiencing the same “noise” between tracks? If so, then it’s definitely an issue with your files. What type/format of files are they? Are they downloads from some internet service? Legitimate or Pirate? Did you rip them from your own CD’s? Did you use WMP? Have you tried a different ripping program?

Give us some more info to go on and maybe someone can help you.

Otherwise, if you’re just flooding the forum with duplicate posts in different boards because no one replied to your 1st one then shame on you; you’re beyond help :stuck_out_tongue:

@boociebear wrote:

Thanks in advance.

You posted this same exact message word-for-word (except for your Fuze+) in the Fuze+ board 2 days ago.

Do you have both a Clip+ and a Fuze+ that are experiencing the same “noise” between tracks? If so, then it’s definitely an issue with your files. What type/format of files are they? Are they downloads from some internet service? Legitimate or Pirate? Did you rip them from your own CD’s? Did you use WMP? Have you tried a different ripping program?

Give us some more info to go on and maybe someone can help you.

Otherwise, if you’re just flooding the forum with duplicate posts in different boards because no one replied to your 1st one then shame on you. 

@boociebear wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Try this

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/Burst-of-noise-between-songs/m-p/140929/highlight/true#M28595

Nothing that dramatic. I wrote Fuse+ when I meant Clip+. When I noticed the error I re-posted on the appropriate board.

My files consist of a mix of tracks ripped from cd’s,  purchased through e-music, and files converted from LP records to digital format.  The ripped tracks were made with Windows Media Player, the analog to digital tracks were made using Magix.

I put everything on the clip+ as WAV files because I was too lazy to use my file format converter.

@boociebear wrote:

Nothing that dramatic. I wrote Fuse+ when I meant Clip+. When I noticed the error I re-posted on the appropriate board.

My files consist of a mix of tracks ripped from cd’s,  purchased through e-music, and files converted from LP records to digital format.  The ripped tracks were made with Windows Media Player, the analog to digital tracks were made using Magix.

I put everything on the clip+ as WAV files because I was too lazy to use my file format converter.

Ahh, no sweat then! :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe the WAV files are causing you the problem. Try converting to FLAC (if you want lossless sound reproduction), or high bit-rate (256kbps) .mp3 format and see if this solves it. I’d format the player, clearing all content and them load a few of the newly converted files to see if it works. If all goes well, then you can start the conversion process on the rest.

I’ll try that.  Thanks for the idea.

The flac files work great! Thanks for the help.

I just got my 5th Clip, the new style large rectangle button, and the only songs on it are the songs from the factory.

The only thing I have done to it other then listen is to delete the sample podcasts after I listened to them.

If the problm is really that the tags on the songs are too long or too many or as implied not purchased, then that means they didn’t test teh device more than 10 minutes with their own source music.

The problem I believe must be somewhere else.

Non of my past clips have had an  Noise/Static between songs.

Perry

@plporter wrote:

I just got my 5th Clip, the new style large rectangle button, and the only songs on it are the songs from the factory.

The only thing I have done to it other then listen is to delete the sample podcasts after I listened to them.

If the problm is really that the tags on the songs are too long or too many or as implied not purchased, then that means they didn’t test teh device more than 10 minutes with their own source music.

The problem I believe must be somewhere else.

Non of my past clips have had an  Noise/Static between songs.

Perry

Is your new Clip the Clip Zip model, with the larger full-color screen?  If so, update the firmware to the latest (see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the Clip Zip forum)–the static issue was handled by new firmware shortly after the Clip Zip came out.