no way to change album while playing?

Well, I’m about to order the 8GM Fuze because of it’s sound quality and expandability (microSDHC), but the Sansa Fuze seems to have one obvious shortcoming to me:

1. There is no way to jump to the next/previous album while playing a song (via buttons)

2. I also notice that (correct me if I’m wrong here) there is no way to show the songlist while playing a song?

Either one of these would help navigate the songs better, but especially the first one!

Apparently many of today’s media players don’t have a way for navigating through albums while playing, but for example my old and out-of-space (4GB) Sony nw-s706 (no longer in production) has a control wheel for navigating trough files OR albums and it’s incredibly convenient! You really don’t even have to look at the player at all while navigating through songs, when you can just jump song or album at a time. I wish there was some easy way in the Fuze to jump albums while playing.

ps. perhaps there could be a menu setting to change the effect of “press and hold” on rewind/forward buttons to change album , instead of fast forward?

In case somebody is wondering what kind of player I’m talking here: http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/mp3-players/sony-nw-s706f/ 

Message Edited by arn on 06-01-2008 04:23 AM

1)  Click the right/left side of the scrollwheel once.

2)  Click the bottom of the scroll wheel to view context menu, then choose “Back to Music List”.

@romzombie wrote:

1)  Click the right/left side of the scrollwheel once.

What, seriously? :slight_smile:  I thought that changes the song and not the album?

@romzombie wrote:

2)  Click the bottom of the scroll wheel to view context menu, then choose “Back to Music List”.

Ok, thanks.
Message Edited by arn on 06-01-2008 11:18 AM

Oh, album, not song?

Click Down, Choose “Back to Music List”.  If you started the song from the Albums menu, you’ll be back in your chosen Album.

@romzombie wrote:

Oh, album, not song?

Click Down, Choose “Back to Music List”.  If you started the song from the Albums menu, you’ll be back in your chosen Album.

You misunderstood me. I meant, that there is no easy way to change the album without looking at the player. Like when cycling or running, I wan’t to change the album by just pressing a button and not looking at the player, but that’s not possible.

Sooooo…  you’d prefer a player with a large assortment of buttons?  The Fuze has one button.  I like it that way. ^.^ 

You might want to check out a Windows Mobile-type device… I suppose someone out there has probably written a player app that might do what you’re asking for.

It has six buttons, not one. The wheel has four, the center is one, and the home button is one.

@arn wrote:
You misunderstood me. I meant, that there is no easy way to change the album without looking at the player. Like when cycling or running, I wan’t to change the album by just pressing a button and not looking at the player, but that’s not possible.

For extended listening, take the manual choosing part out of the equation.  Instead, make your choice in advance.

Choose a Genre instead of a single album.  The Sansa will play all album tracks matching this genre, essentially playing a group of albums.

You can select a group of tracks as a Go List if you desire.

Better yet, build several playlists, and simply select a list depending on your mood.  No need to poke around the music menus while working out!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: