No text shown, all characters/fonts gone

Hi. My SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip MP3-Player works except that out of a sudden it doesn’t show any test. For example it shows the icon for “settings” but there is no written “settings” beneath it. I can’t see where it says “artists” or the artists names or anything. That makes the player rather unuseful of course.

Its like all characters are gone except for arabic.

What I have tried so far:

1. Restarting it by holding the Hold-Key

2. Taking the microSD out and try again

3. Plugging it into the computer to Sync and hoping that would change anything

4. Figuring out where “Reset” and “Format” in the settings are by watching unboxing-videos. With “Reset” I get to a point with 3 options. One option seems to lead to the reset. But it doesn’t solve my problem. With “Format” I get to a page with only one option. I press it, nothing happens

5. Changed language. Only available one is arabic. So arabic character still seem to work

Its a SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip MP3-Player 8GB. The Software should be the newest for this product with region “Rest of World”

Any advice? Thanks

I would try manually re-applying the firmware. Since there have been a few reports of problems with the latest 01.01.21 version, I would suggest going back one release to the 01.01.20 version and try that.

Don’t use the Updater; just follow the simple directions to manually load the firmware.