No Song and Music folder its empty, but properties say is not empty

hey everyone, I dont know what happened suddenly i connected mi sansa clip 4gb to a computer and the music folder was empty i dont know why i didnt do anything weird, just 5 minutes or so before that it was ok, but when i go to device properties it says 3.17GB used - 626mb free, but i cant play the songs either it says no songs… what can i do? i dont want to loose all my music…, and also its taking a little while longer for my sansa clip to turn on… help please… T_T

Have you tried a reset? The next thing would be to try a format from the Clip, but that would wipe out any files you’ve put onto the player …

What do you mean by reset?  Mine just did the same thing.  On the computer I can see the files and even play them, but the clip itself says nothing is there.

Did you check the Clip manual, or do a search here, as to what a reset is?    :wink:

On the original Clip:  hold the on switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds or more.  On the Clip+:  hold the on switch down for 20-30 seconds or more (or even a minute or more, as recently recommended here at the forum).

If that doesn’t help, you might want to try running a Windows error rcorrection on the Clip:  connect the player to your computer, right-click on the Clip drive, choose properties, and on one of the tabs, choose error correction (aka chkdsk) and let it fix any errors it finds. 

Did you check the Clip manual, or do a search here, as to what a reset is? :wink:

On the original Clip: hold the on switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds or more. On the Clip+: hold the on switch down for 20-30 seconds or more (or even a minute or more, as recently recommended here at the forum).

If that doesn’t help, you might want to try running a Windows error correction on the Clip: connect the player to your computer, right-click on the Clip drive, choose Properties, and on one of the tabs, choose error correction (aka chkdsk) and let it fix any errors it finds.

There are no tabs available so I guessing it is toast.  Also it was plugged in all night and is still only 59% charged, same as it was last night.  This is my second one that blew out fast…food for thought on people thinking of purchasing one.

Contact Sandisk Tech Support for a possible replacement if you can’t get it working again.  The warranty is one year in the U.S. and two in Europe. 

In the U.S. 1-866-726-3475

@shelleyk wrote:

There are no tabs available so I guessing it is toast. 

The ‘tabs’ referred to are in Windows Explorer when you right-click on the Clip’s drive and select Properties. They are not on the player itself. You may have to set the player to MSC mode first.

Yeah, and no tabs other than general.  There rest are gone.  I tried running a windows check on it and it said it is properly working.  Won’t re-format either.

When you right-click on it, is there a Format… option?

same problem as many others lsited; plugged sandisk into the computer and lost all my music ! I hate this just bought this product and now problems never again !