No secure access app for macs? SanDiskSecureAccessV2_mac.app is damaged?

I downloaded the secure access for mac app zip file from the sandisk site.  I’m on mac os 10.9.  When I open the zip file it gives me this message:

“SanDiskSecureAccessV2_mac.app is damaged and can’t be opened.  You should move it to the trash”

I’ve downloaded the zip file a few times and always get the message.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Is this the link you are downloading from:  http://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/sandisksecureaccessv2-mac.zip

Hi Ed, yes, that’s the link.  I suspect I’m doing something stupid but I can’t figure it out.   I unzip the file and get and app.  If I put the app on my desktop and open it, it works fine.  I can store a file in the desktop app and password protect it, etc.   

But none of that puts anything on my flash drive.   If I put the app on my flash drive and try to open it, it gives me the message “SanDiskSecureAccessV2_mac.app is damaged and can’t be opened.  You should move it to the Trash”

If I put the app on my desktop and open it, it works fine.  I can store a file in the desktop app and password protect it, etc

Well that’s certainly something you can’t do on a Windows system.  SecureAccess only runs on USB drives for us.  This is a WAG, put the zip on the USB drive and unzip it there and then try running the app.

As I said I was probably doing something stupid.  I played around with it after my last post and it’s working now.  I can’t tell you exactly what I did.  It may have something with WHERE the app is placed on the flash drive (i.e., whether it’s in a subfolder or not).  Frankly, I’m not sure, but it’s working for me now.  Thans for the quick responses.

Always happy to read a posting where something works.  :smiley:  A subfolder could have indeed caused the problem.

I had the same problem. Couldn’t get the app to open up on the usb drive after multiple downloads and attempts. I opened it up on my desktop and then moved it to my usb drive. Now it works fine. Go figure? Maybe that will help someone else?