New Fuse! Best advice to convert mp4 to mp3?

I am trying to move a mountain of music files from itune folders into the windws media player for use on my wife’s Fuze… It seems I must use a conversion program and see many available online and wondered if one was preferable to others (ease of use, etc) Help.

use switch File Conerter…there is a free try-Out

Well you may not need one. If you have the latest version of itunes it has a converter built in. You can also just burn the songs to cd (this comes in handy if you have a CD player in your car and no Auxin to hook your fuze up) and then re rip them to your PC using windows media player and edit the tags. I personally like itunes converter but it takes longer.

It is best to make mp3 files from the CDs rather then converting AAC files to mp3. In addition to the loss in sound quality, perhaps the tags might also get messed up in the conversion process. Windows Media Player is very easy to use for making mp3 files from CDs. If you use it while connected to the net, the program usually finds the tags for most CDs.

@jk98 wrote:

It is best to make mp3 files from the CDs rather then converting AAC files to mp3. In addition to the loss in sound quality, perhaps the tags might also get messed up in the conversion process. Windows Media Player is very easy to use for making mp3 files from CDs. If you use it while connected to the net, the program usually finds the tags for most CDs.

This is probaby the best way but its hard to define "mountain of music. " My mountain is overv 10,000 songs at 20 songs a disk thats 500 CDs. Or an entire spindle of blanks. It doesnt make sense to me to do that. I decided to take my chances and I did have to fix some tags but not that many

I would also recommend Danuisoft Media Converter Pro (just Google for Danuisoft). It can also convert DRM-crippled music purchased on iTunes.

I didn’t say anything about blanks. I said go back to the original music CDs. One doesn’t have to do this project in one day. If they have a fast computer and a fast CD rom drive, they might be able to rip 10-20 disks per hour to mp3.

@jk98 wrote:
I didn’t say anything about blanks. I said go back to the original music CDs. One doesn’t have to do this project in one day. If they have a fast computer and a fast CD rom drive, they might be able to rip 10-20 disks per hour to mp3.

Right I have most of my music digitally and never had a disk. So i would have to burn and then re rip which is a waste to me.