itunes to fuze

I was given an iTunes gift card and have successfully downloaded some selections, however, even though I copied/dragged/pasted them to my fuze and they show up on my fuze on my computer, they have not written to my fuze.  They arrived from iTunes as M4A files, rather than Mp3 files.  Does anyone know how I can fix this issue???

NB

@nbanner wrote:

I was given an iTunes gift card and have successfully downloaded some selections, however, even though I copied/dragged/pasted them to my fuze and they show up on my fuze on my computer, they have not written to my fuze.  They arrived from iTunes as M4A files, rather than Mp3 files.  Does anyone know how I can fix this issue???

NB

Easiest thing to do is to burn it to a CD and then Rerip it as an mp3. I tunes will do the conversion as well in some cases, but I find the burn and rerip method the best to use.

Hmm.  Would you mind outlining the other option for me???

@nbanner wrote:
Hmm.  Would you mind outlining the other option for me???

Cant! I dont know how. The issue is the DRM. Anything you buy from Itunes has a DRM on it so that it will only work with Itunes and an Ipod. What this happens is if you convert it to an MP3 using itunes, it keeps the DRM, even though you can use it with other players and media management software. This translates in to the Requirement to put yout fuze in to MTP mode and use Windows media or something to transfer music. I prefer Drag and drop and Media Monkey, so I use MSC mode exclusivly. What does all that mean, It means that I cant use itunes to convert my music from there to mp3 and use the songs they way I want. Do a search on here for it our check the itunes forums.

Got it.  Thanks!  I tried the iTunes forum, but can’t access it because I don’t have a “memebership” (just the giftcard…)  Will try your method – thank you very much.

nb

@nbanner wrote:

Got it.  Thanks!  I tried the iTunes forum, but can’t access it because I don’t have a “memebership” (just the giftcard…)  Will try your method – thank you very much.

nb

It has been outlined on here a few times so try a search for "conversion itunes"youshould find something.

Just burn a CD and re-rip it to  WMP 11,thats all i do…

@nbanner wrote:

NB

Try right-clicking on one of the tracks in iTunes (assuming iTunes 8.0 or later) and see if there’s a “convert to MP3” in the context menu.  Most of the “iTunes Plus” files download as m4A (AAC unprotected 256kbps) instead of m4p (protected AAC 128kbps), and can be converted easily to MP3 without having to rerip.

You have to change your import format to get that convert to MP3 option. That’s definitely the way to do it. Burning CDs for unprotected files is a waste of time (and CDs, if you’re not using RWs). Fortunately M4A converts fairly easily.

Read the last post here: link

Message Edited by bdb on 03-25-2009 09:23 PM

@shmincev2 wrote:
 Just burn a CD and re-rip it to  WMP 11,thats all i do…

No burn it to a cd the ones that are protected and rip it back into your itunes so you can get the album cover

Converting, using most any decent conversion program, will save the tags.  Burning to CD and reripping loses them.

Burning & re-ripping to MP3 with iTunes will save the tags. If you re-rip with some other programs, the tags will be lost.

This poster said his songs were in M4A format, which doesn’t require this burning/ripping. If he changes the import format to MP3, they can be directly converted to MP3.

His original question specified that these were M4A (unprotected, no DRM) files, most likely Itunes Plus, downloaded from iTunes and not ripped from a CD.

There is no need to do any burning and re-ripping of iTunes Plus files.  Just right-click the song in iTunes and “convert to MP3”.  Since he bought them in iTunes, that’s by far the easiest way to answer his question.