My Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive only works at USB 2.0 mode

Hi all,

I bought a 16GB Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive two weeks ago, and it worked under USB 3.0 mode on the first three or four days. After that, I found the drive can only work under High Speed (USB 2.0) mode even plugged in a USB 3.0 port.

I tested the drive on USB 3.0 ports on my desktop,  which are offered by Intel chipset and Asmedia USB 3.0 chip, and on my MacBook Air 2012, but it still worked under USB 2.0 mode.

Meanwhile, my USB 3.0 3.5" external HDD box can work properly under USB 3.0 mode.

In addition, I only plugged one device (a.k.a this drive) directly (i.e. without hub) in both machines, no other device plugged in their USB 3.0 ports.

Beside asking the distributor for replacement, what can I do for that?

The above image is captured at System Information window, after plugged in both the affected flash drive and the USB 3.0 external HDD box at the same time.

hi,

how have you realised that your Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive works under High Speed (USB 2.0) mode being plugged in a USB 3.0 port? how have you tested your drive on USB 3.0 ports (which benchmark utility have you used)?

Sorry for late reply. I realised that problem after my Windows 7 kept notify me the drive did not work at its optimized speed, and its sequentical read speed tested at CrystalDiskMark is around 40-50MB/s (with ASUS USB 3.0 Boost), which is way slower than the first time I tested it.

I finally decided go to the distributor for replacement, and the replacement works perfectly. Moreover, I noticed the flawed drive was much hotter than the replacement, after several read/write operations.