my iMac won't recognize SD card songs (and erases them) but Mac laptop will

hi, i just bought a Clip Plus and a Sansa 32GB SD card.

the card didn’t seem to work on my iMac (a newer version). i took it to work and asked a friend; they said to format the SD card.

i erased it using Disk Utilities, then tried it on my Mac laptop. i could drag and drop songs there and i added about 60 songs.

i get home today eager to start dumping much of my music on the SD card, and it won’t work.

i can drag them over and on my iMac deskptop i can see the songs i just dragged and the songs i added at work from my laptop, but when i disconnect the Clip Plus player it says this: "External uSD Card… [Empty]

not only does it not recognize the songs i just dragged from my iMac, it won’t recognize the songs i dragged from my laptop – and those songs were on my player and working before.

so, after plugging into my iMac it seems to erase my Sansa 32GB card – at least on my Clip Plus Player.  but, as i said, on my iMac desktop, the songs are listed on the External Card.

i am thoroughly frustrated and flummoxed. help is much appreciated. thanks.

The Mac OS can add extraneous files that choke the Clip, when transferring files.  I don’t know if that might be a contributing factor here.  To avoid this issue, you can use Internet freeware Kopymac. 

Are you sure the card is genuine? There’s been an awful lot of counterfeit ones beinig sold lately. Where did you get it?

thanks for the tip on the freeware.

is it genuine? i had no clue this was an issue till the other day. now i suspect i did in fact get scammed. i bought i on Craigslist for a low price. i went to the home of someone who could barely speak English and as i was leaving i heard “returns two days only!” or something like that.

i couldn’t test it out within that two days as i had purchased a Clip Plus online and was awaiting delivery.

anyways, i want to make due with it if possible so if my work MacBook can load music on it properly, maybe i’ll have to put all my music on a hard drive and take it to work.

do you think this freeware thing might be the solution?

thanks again.

It would be easy enough to try Kopymac and see if that fixes things.  I’m not a Mac guy and so don’t know if it will–but I’ve just read of issues here when transferring files from a Mac.  In the end:  it couldn’t hurt to try …

@jason70 wrote:

is it genuine? i had no clue this was an issue till the other day. now i suspect i did in fact get scammed. i bought i on Craigslist for a low price. [RED FLAG #1] i went to the home of someone who could barely speak English [RED FLAG #2] and as i was leaving i heard “returns two days only!” or something like that [RED FLAG #3].

Bummer! The new 32GB micro SD card is the latest craze in counterfieting right now. There are people making tons of money off of these fakes at the expense of the unawared.

Remember, if a deal sounds too good to be true, it generally is. :wink: