Managing songs

4GB Fuze and got firmware updated. Only thing since doing that the delete function takes ages to work. Maybe next update?

Anyway please share with me how you synch your songs. I use WMP11 primarliy and I got the synch to work and songs are now on Fuze with all the sub folders etc etc…No problem. But I have some songs like Christmas songs that are seasonal and I dont want them on the Fuze. Other songs as well. So I go back and delete them. I cant see myself doing that each time I synch. So if you could give me some tips how to avoid that I would be appreciate it. I could not find an option in WMP to exclude songs

Thanks

Bill

I never felt the need to rate my songs (I already know whether I like them or not!), so I use the ratings as an indicator of something that needs to be done with them. Five stars means delete them. Three stars means fix the tags. Even if you do rate your music, you could use one or two stars for that, and then 3-5 stars for rating.

I use Media Monkey to manage my songs and synch them with the Fuze.  The player configuration panel allows you to select which folders are to be synchronized and which not.  I change that list periodically as my interests change.

Their is a check list next to each of the songs on which ones you would like to sync. Just symply uncheck the ones that you do not want to sync on your fuze. If you want you can also make a new palylist with bunch of songs that you do/do not want to sync.

Thanks I will take a look at media monkey

Bill

@guyscharf wrote:
I use Media Monkey to manage my songs and synch them with the Fuze.  The player configuration panel allows you to select which folders are to be synchronized and which not.  I change that list periodically as my interests change.

@metalzoa78 wrote:
Their is a check list next to each of the songs on which ones you would like to sync. Just symply uncheck the ones that you do not want to sync on your fuze. If you want you can also make a new palylist with bunch of songs that you do/do not want to sync.

Where exactly do I find this check list? Is it in WMP? 

Thanks

Yes I believe it should be located right left of the song title. If it isn’t you can always make a new folder and drag your favorite songs on there and sync from that folder.

@metalzoa78 wrote:
Yes I believe it should be located right left of the song title. If it isn’t you can always make a new folder and drag your favorite songs on there and sync from that folder.

Thanks will take another look.

I also got that Media monkey program and it looks like it will do the job as well. 

Thanks for all the replies and help

Bill

does anyone know how to delete songs on the fuze. i tried the reset, the unplug-replug, my music. i cant seem to find any other solution. can anyone help

@bray wrote:

@metalzoa78 wrote:

Thanks will take another look.

I also got that Media monkey program and it looks like it will do the job as well. 

Thanks for all the replies and help

Bill

No.There is no Check box next to the song. What you have to do is With your Device plugged in Go to the Sync tab, Click on the Little arrow below it, goto the device and the flyout menu will have an option that says set up sync, click that, in the top left corner therer is an option that says sync this device automatically make sure the box next to it is not checked. You may need to do this with both internal and external memory. 

I Use WMP for Music And Media Monkey for Podcasts but could use it for music as well. It all depends on what you like.

@levonte23 wrote:
does anyone know how to delete songs on the fuze. i tried the reset, the unplug-replug, my music. i cant seem to find any other solution. can anyone help

The best way to do a lot of songs at once is to plug it into the computer, open the Fuze like a hard drive, find the music folder, highlight the songs you want to get rid of and hit the delete key on your keyboard. If you are listening to your fuze, and you want to delete a single song, hit the menu button (6 o’clock on the scroll wheel) and then scroll down and then select the option that says Delete Song.

@levonte23 wrote:

Conversionbox has already given you your answer, but this is the 1st place you should be looking & consulting when you don’t understand or can’t figure out how to do something. If it’s not there, then ask. :wink:

@bray wrote:

4GB Fuze and got firmware updated. Only thing since doing that the delete function takes ages to work. Maybe next update?

Anyway please share with me how you synch your songs. I use WMP11 primarliy and I got the synch to work and songs are now on Fuze with all the sub folders etc etc…No problem. But I have some songs like Christmas songs that are seasonal and I dont want them on the Fuze. Other songs as well. So I go back and delete them. I cant see myself doing that each time I synch. So if you could give me some tips how to avoid that I would be appreciate it. I could not find an option in WMP to exclude songs

Thanks

Bill

Bray, One thing I would tell you is to make playlists for your Seasonal music or other music you want at certain times. I use WMP. Tapeworm will tell you to use Winamp, becaue WMP can be a PITA, and yet others will tell you to use a playlist creation program, if you are comfortable with WMP use it to make the playlist, then When you want the music just Sync the playlist.

@conversionbox wrote:

@bray wrote:

Thanks

Bill

Bray, One thing I would tell you is to make playlists for your Seasonal music or other music you want at certain times. I use WMP. Tapeworm will tell you to use Winamp, becaue WMP can be a PITA, and yet others will tell you to use a playlist creation program, if you are comfortable with WMP use it to make the playlist, then When you want the music just Sync the playlist.

Thanks professor I will do that. I am ok with WMP and now MediaMoneky

Bill

OK, when I got my Fuze, I wanted to load it right away with music. I had a DVD with about 1.5 Gb of music on it, so I put it in my DVD drive and simply c&p’ed it to my Fuze. Now, when I go to delete a folder with the Fuze connected to my laptop, most of the time it tells me the storage is write-protected and that I have to remove the write protection before I try again?

How do I do this?

I’ll be deleting and replacing a massive amt of files now that I went in and ID3’d them all properly (fun fun fun) so I can find them easily.

@buckeyenation wrote:

Now, when I go to delete a folder with the Fuze connected to my laptop, most of the time it tells me the storage is write-protected and that I have to remove the write protection before I try again?

How do I do this?

I’ll be deleting and replacing a massive amt of files now that I went in and ID3’d them all properly (fun fun fun) so I can find them easily.

Ahh . . . sound like the joys of DRM (Digital Rights Malarchy). As long as you’ll be replacing a large number of files anyway, probably the best thing to do is format the player, erasing everything and start over.

What is the format of the files you’re using?

@tapeworm wrote:

Ahh . . . sound like the joys of DRM (Digital Rights Malarchy).