Looking for a broad overview on SD,SDHC,SDXC Memory. Diffences btw class 10 and U3

Old film photographer that has been using a canon 10 D with SanDisk Ultra II Compact Flash cards. 4GB. for several years. Looking to upgrade to a Canon 6D that takes SD,SDHC,SDXC memory cards. Must be UHS-1 compatable. I think that it is class 10 or maybe U3. Does anyone know where I might get a primer on all this?

:smiley:   Hi NewJ,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

For detail on this topic, you can check here: https://www.sdcard.org/home/

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.                                                                   (Google translated)

Thank you.  I read a little bit on wiki, but your response helps me to understand better. I find myself in awe of this technology and the capacity of it. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

:smiley:   Hi NewJ,

OK!

The last word, are in the camera model, that you buy.

The manual, the device (specifications), will explain perfectly, it you should use, etc.

This manual, you can view and download, before buying (to be calmer), in the official website of the camera, and you can choose the model that you like.

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.                                                                  (Google translated)