Keep getting "Refreshing Media" after uplugging from recharge.

With no files added or removed…only plugged in for charging.

Next time the device is turned on, I get the LONG “refresh media”.

This normal?

Your Positive no Added Files? WMP and some others do some crazy stuff even you you dont want it to. Also If you use MSC mode did you eject the player or just unplug it? Thats All I could see causeing it.

Always use MSC mode.

Plug in…charge… couple hours later simply unplug and shut down the device.

Next power-up I get the dreaded refresh.

don’t remember this happening before the most recent firmware upgrade.

Blackdog, what’s your installed firmware version?  Let’s see if others note the same behavior, meaning a possible bug, or it may be unique to your device. 

Make a note of the FW version, and the type of µSD card installed.

On that thought, try cycling the card with the device turned OFF.  (Gently remove and reinstall to ensure a good contact.)  The database WILL refresh whenever the card is removed, even with the power off, upon startup.

And, just for good measure: connect in MSC mode and delete the mtable.sys file to ensure a good database file.

As an experiment, we can try to narrow the bahavior’s source down.  Try running for a while (several power cycles) without a µSD card inserted, and see if the refresh persists while “running solo”.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Navigation by tags and refreshes really ■■■■! I just want to browse by folders and not have to deal with database refreshes. I  want a player that is powered by a AA or AAA battery, and has a card slot. I want it to have a basic alphanumeric LCD display that is on all the time, and a backlight that lights up when a dedicated button is pressed.Why can’t mp3 players be convenient to use? Why must I have video on the player, or a bright display that consumes plenty of power?

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-06-2009 12:45 AM

Patience, Grasshopper, they’re working on it.

I think a kink in the works exists in the RhapPFS system.  Channels display under folder view could be a real pain, as well as masking unwanted file types.  The search will need to be limited to specific folders.

I’m curious how the refresh issue here pans out…

Bob  :wink:

Never really paid that much attention before, when I unplug after charging, and the reality for me is that I dont often plug in to the computer and not add or remove somthing but I just noticed that I now have this problem, If I plug in to my PC it does refresh my media everytime I unplug. I tested it by turning off and reseating the SD card then turning on, letting it refresh then turning it off and plugging it in, then I let it sit for 10 minutes plugged in and charging, unplugged it and it refreshed again, I cycled thru the power and plugged it in while on and when I unplugged it refreshed.

For comparisson

FirmWire V:01.01.22A

SD card: Lexar 2 gig Micro SD

Fuze:2gig Black

Approx: 163 mb free space

50 mb on SD

113 mb on Fuze

@jk98 wrote:
Navigation by tags and refreshes really ■■■■! I just want to browse by folders and not have to deal with database refreshes. I  want a player that is powered by a AA or AAA battery, and has a card slot. I want it to have a basic alphanumeric LCD display that is on all the time, and a backlight that lights up when a dedicated button is pressed.Why can’t mp3 players be convenient to use? Why must I have video on the player, or a bright display that consumes plenty of power?
Message Edited by JK98 on 01-06-2009 12:45 AM

So go and buy one of these and stop moaning! This is the Fuze forum, and I strongly suspect Sandisk aren’t going to make a version of the Fuze that meets your requirements :slight_smile:

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

Always use MSC mode.

Does it not refresh as soon as you unplug it?

"

So go and buy one of these and stop moaning! This is the Fuze forum, and I strongly suspect Sandisk aren’t going to make a version of the Fuze that meets your requirements :smiley:"

I have a Fuze and a Clip. I fing these players frustrated to use though due to the navigation by tags, and use of a built in battery. That player you gave a link for gets only 8 hours play time on one AAA battery. Sandisk’s m250 player gets 19 hours on a AAA battery. These players don’t have a card slot though, and are only 2 gig. Sound quality is probably much worse than on the Fuze. The fact that Sandisk released the Slotmusic player shows that they realize many want a AAA battery based player. Imo the big mistakes they made with the Slotmusic player is that it doesn’t have a basic LCD display and a few more buttons for navigation, and has sound quality much worse than the Clip.

If you are in MSC mode, charging and unplugging without updating your player shouldn’t bring up the refreshing media screen. 

Speaking of AAA powered players… I’m not in favor of them to tell you the truth. They are bulky and not as nice and slim as current players on the market. I never want to go back to AAA players again even for convenience. Anyways I’m never travelling more than a day away from a power source. 

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

Always use MSC mode.

Hey, does the same thing happen when you use a wall charger? Just curious. I generally only connect to the computer if I am adding or subtracting something, so I have not noticed this issue with my Fuze. I thought that in the interest of troubleshooting, it’s one more variable to eliminate:smiley:

Edit: in the interests of science, I plugged mine into the computer for a couple minutes, and unplugged it, no refresh…hope you figure out a solution, 'cause with my 12GB memory, refresh time is, ahem, substantial and annoying.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-06-2009 12:40 PM

I have a similar problem.  Many times when I turn it on, it says Refreshing Media.  It did this several times today while listening to the Fuze while at Work.  However at this moment its not.

software ver. V01.01.22A

Thanks.