JO NAMO - 8gb Extreme error

First noticed the folder name as JO NAMO when I plug in the card reader and card into my mac. Thought maybe my son had somehow renamed it. But after using the card again and trying to view the photos it is corrupt. Took ages for the card to show up on my mac and most of the files are unreadable :frowning: Help me!

:smiley:   Hi Loungefrog.

_   _

_ Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome. _

Please, try the card in other laptops, direct to it’s port-card, with a good adapter, non generic (Not a card reader, eye).

If you have a Mac, and have to use a “card reader” , use only of brand recognized and high quality.

See link: http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/Micro-SD-Adapter-needed-to-unlock-writ…

_Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)_

PS: “jo namo” signifies in Lithuanian language, “your home.”

:smiley:    Hi Loungefrog.

_   _

_ Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome. _

Please, try the card in other laptops, direct to it’s port-card, with a good adapter, non generic (Not a card reader, eye).

If you have a Mac, and have to use a “card reader” , use only of brand recognized and high quality.

See link: http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/Micro-SD-Adapter-needed-to-unlock-writ…

_Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)_

PS: “jo namo” signifies in Lithuanian language, “your home”.

Hello

Sorry it was Jo NAMA

I used a sandisk card reader. I have had it for years. It also takes a few attempts before it actually even shows up on my desktop.

I tried viewing the memory card in camera but it now says NO IMAGES! I hope it is just the card reader and not the memory card?

Thanks

San

:smiley:  Hi,

[  I used a sandisk card reader. I have had it for years.]
See, that accept, microSDHC of 8GB (should be manufactured, after the year 2008).

In addition:
Clean the contacts (pins), of card, with isopropyl alcohol (or common).
Try on laptop, only with adapter.

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                            (Google translated)

You can also try to isolate the issue by pluggin this on a Windows PC, and see if you get different results. 

THANKS 

I was able to recover most of the photos from my card. It was just corrupt :frowning: Do you think I could reformat and use it again? or best to get a new one?

:smiley:  Hi,

Yes, please, but first try, the following in a laptop / Windows, and you may be able recover more photos:

1-    In Start / My Computer, on the card icon, click the right mouse button, and then click in Properties / Tools / Error Checking and Repair.

2-   After, formatted with fat32 (for Win and Mac).

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.                                                      (Google translated)