Itunes, real player and cover art.

I just downloaded a song from itunes plus. I use Real Player with my sansa fuze, so I opened it in there. I always go to edit info to make sure the album art is there, it was. So I downloaded the song to my fuze. Problem is the art doesn’t show up in the fuze. What can I do? Is it because the song is in the MPEG4 format?

I’m not sure I follow just what you are doing, but somewhere between iTunes and getting put onto the player the file needs to get converted from Apple’s AAC or MP4 format over into an MP3 file to work on the Fuze (it can only play WMA, MP3, OGG, or FLAC files, and it’s even a bit picky about some of those).

That’s probably what it is. Use Explorer to navigate to the file on the Fuze, right-click and select Properties. If the type of file is MPEG-4, then the Fuze can’t play it. You need to convert it to MP3 before you put it on the Fuze.

Message Edited by bdb on 05-11-2009 07:35 PM

The problem is not getting it to play. The song does that. The album art just doesn’t show. The songs from the itunes plus store work with all mp3 players.

Message Edited by pix83 on 05-12-2009 09:44 AM

@pix83 wrote:
The problem is not getting it to play. The song does that. The album art just doesn’t show. The songs from the itunes plus store work with all mp3 players.
Message Edited by pix83 on 05-12-2009 09:44 AM

They only work with all mp3 players if they are mp3…is your iTunes set up that way? mp4, m4a…will not play on a Fuze

The song is in the AAC format in the real player. It plays on my fuze but I can’t get the album art. That’s my only problem.

@pix83 wrote:
The song is in the AAC format in the real player. It plays on my fuze but I can’t get the album art. That’s my only problem.

If it plays on your fuze, then its not ACC. The Fuze does not support ACC. Figuring out what format your song is in will go a LONG way toward solving your problem.

RealPlayer very likely is automatically converting the music files over to WMA (or maybe MP3). That would explain why the file plays on the Fuze.

As for the missing album art, well there’s several ways to do that.

You could have iTunes add/embed the album art into each song and the see if RealPlayer will then also pass it along to the Fuze.

Or, you could have RealPlayer try to find album art for the music and have it add it automatically.

Or, if the files are sorted into Artist folders with Album subfolders then you could find and save album art .jpg images from the Internet for each album. Then put each album image into the appropriate Album subfolders on the Fuze and be sure to rename them as Folder.jpg.

One (or all) of the above should work.

Thanx for all the suggestions.  What I finally did was find a way to convert my itunes tracks to mp3, send them to my windows media player, and finally got the album art to show.

In the future, get mp3 files to begin with.

Every time you convert another format to mp3, the sound quality gets worse. So it’s better to skip that conversion step. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 05-16-2009 09:17 AM

@black_rectangle wrote:

In the future, get mp3 files to begin with from iTunes.

iTunes doesn’t have MP3 files. They are in AAC format, which the Fuze doesn’t support. Fortunately they don’t have DRM anymore, so iTunes can convert them. Sure, there will theoretically be a quality loss, but can you actually hear it? They use similar methods to decide what to remove during the compression, so the quality loss may be imperceptible.

Or you could just get mp3s from Amazon. And pay less.

@black_rectangle wrote:
Or you could just get mp3s from Amazon. And pay less.

That would be my recommendation as well.

Someone gave me an itunes giftcard, so price wasn’t the issue.