Installing Rockbox on V1 with latest firmware

Rockbox utility gives message that bootloader wants to know what original firmware was?

what was the original firmware version that was on your fuze like 01.02.31

The current firmware is 1.02.31P

What is your question?

Do I type tht in the box that comes up when installing?

It asks where the system file is.

Message Edited by Njones on 02-22-2010 05:56 PM

I assume you’re using Rbutil…  Easiest is to use the “Installation” tab and install the bootloader and rockbox seperatly.

While installing the bootloader it will allow you navigate to the folder holding a copy of the OF “bin” file.

You may need to re-download the OF file, extract the BIN file from the zip to a location you’ll remember.

Then when installing the bootloader it will open a window so you can navigate to the folder for that BIN file.

After the bootloader, install rockbox itself…  then unplug from USB  you’ll see the usual “Firmware updating”  wait until it turns itself off. Then power on and it should come up in rockbox. (Power on while holding the left side of the wheel down boots to OF)

Message Edited by timn on 02-23-2010 08:05 PM

I’m a 58 year old computer illiterate. Where do I find the folder holding a copy of the OF “bin” file? On The Fuze or on the computer?

Do I have to go back to a previuos fuze firmware version? Or will it work with V01.02.31?

Where do I download The OF from and do I extract it to my desktop?

I need plain english instructions, not computerese.

Thanks!

Message Edited by Njones on 02-23-2010 10:34 PM

@njones wrote:

I’m a 58 year old computer illiterate. Where do I find the folder holding a copy of the OF “bin” file? On The Fuze or on the computer?

Do I have to go back to a previuos fuze firmware version? Or will it work with V01.02.31?

Where do I download The OF from and do I extract it to my desktop?

When you click install a screen will pop up with directions and a link to the rockbox wiki.  Carefully read the instructions, and then click on the link.  This will bring up a web page.  Carefully read it.  Then click the download link for the Fuze firmware.  Save it to your Desktop, unzip it, and then go back to the installer and select the file you unzipped.

yes thats what u type in