Initial Sync includes all photos and devices programming language?

I bought my wife a 4GB fuze for her Bday at the end of November and picked one up for me as a xmas gift.  Upon the initial syncing of each fuze with Windows Media player the fuzes ended up with ALL of the shared photos from our Windows XP computer.  Many of the photos didn’t display and I ended up deleting all of them.

Since I never tried to sync the photos I never new the system did this for me.  Yes, there is a log that will tell you what is synced but I didn’t check it.  

So in the end 3 GB of space was consumed by undisplayable photos on the Fuze.  

What determines that the system will try to sync photos to the Fuze and how can one be more selective on this besides deleting them after the fact?

I do like the Fuze a lot and that one can add a SDHC card, there is a 8GB card in each of our Fuzes!

On a side note, does anyone know what language the firmware is written in [e.g. C, assembly - not likely ;) ]? 

Thanks.

In windows media player you have to change the sync settings so it does not include photos

As Conversionbox said, you need to change your settings in Windows Media Player from “Automatic Sync” to
Manual Sync".

Better yet, don’t use WMP at all for ‘syncing’. Just drag & drop what files (songs, photos) you want from your computer to your Fuze; that way YOU control what goes on it and what doesn’t. :wink:

As Conversionbox said, you need to change your settings in Windows Media Player from “Automatic Sync” to Manual Sync".

Better yet, don’t use WMP at all for ‘syncing’. Just drag & drop what files (songs, photos) you want from your computer to your Fuze; that way YOU control what goes on it and what doesn’t. :wink: