Imbedded cover art does not work on the Fuze if mp3 file was copied via MSC mode

@haverchuck wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Sorry, but I’m like Marvin… I’m lazy when it comes to things with the fuze that don’t directly affect the music. I’m not going to sweat blood over embedded cover art when the folder.jpg method works flawlessly.

From past experience, the more information that occupies the metadata section of an MP3 file, the more room for error. I try to keep this area as clean as possible, to minimize errors or problems.

That’s my methodology, for what it’s worth.

Thanks for your point of view. I would still like to understand why embedded cover art doesn’t work for me on the Fuze, especially since the same MP3 file shows the embedded cover art fine with Winamp. If it bothers you that I am trying to find a solution to this issue, avoid this thread.

Maybe I’m missing something, but isn’t your objective to display cover art?  I am just trying to offer a solution that is easy, it works and doesn’t take a lot of time, so you can spend more time enjoying your fuze.

niko_sama wrote:

LOL,  actually i think what he said was fine.   It shouldn’t bother anyone hes trying to find a solution.  :slight_smile:

Of course, it shouldn’t bother us; that’s what we’re here for isn’t it? That comment was disrespectful and un-appreciative for a reply that wasn’t what he wanted to hear.

The way I read it, the ‘tone’ projected was, “If you don’t/can’t understand that I want to solve this, and not merely ‘avoid’ it, please keep your irrelevant suggestions to yourself and ignore this thread.” As if to say, if you’re not going to help, stay the Hell out!

That is the attitude I suggested wasn’t necessary or needed adjustment. GB was honestly offering a suggestion for help. Maybe it wasn’t what haverchuck had in mind, but as I said, when you ask a question, or help with a problem on a public forum, you are likely to get many different suggestions; some of which you will agree with, some you won’t. But one shouldn’t so pubically discard what he doesn’t want to hear, and basically say, “I don’t like your idea. It isn’t helpful, so please shut up. This is MY thread!”

At least that’s the way I see it. Others may have inferred the same tone. Obviously Niko , you didn’t.

haverchuck - If this wasn’t your meaning or intention please accept my apology; but if my interpretation of your words and/or meaning was in-accurate, maybe you’d like to re-phrase it so peolpe don’t get the wrong idea?

niko_sama wrote:

LOL,  actually i think what he said was fine.   It shouldn’t bother anyone hes trying to find a solution.  :smiley:

Of course, it shouldn’t bother us; that’s what we’re here for isn’t it? That comment was disrespectful and un-appreciative for a reply that wasn’t what he wanted to hear.

The way I read it, the ‘tone’ projected was, “If you don’t/can’t understand that I want to solve this, and not merely ‘avoid’ it, please keep your irrelevant suggestions to yourself and ignore this thread.” As if to say, if you’re not going to help, stay the Hell out!

That is the attitude I suggested wasn’t necessary or needed adjustment. GB was honestly offering a suggestion for help. Maybe it wasn’t what haverchuck had in mind, but as I said, when you ask a question, or help with a problem on a public forum, you are likely to get many different suggestions; some of which you will agree with, some you won’t. But one shouldn’t so publically discard what he doesn’t want to hear, and basically say, “I don’t like your idea. It isn’t helpful, so please shut up. This is MY thread!”

At least that’s the way I see it. Others may have inferred the same tone. Obviously Niko , you didn’t.

haverchuck - If this wasn’t your meaning or intention please accept my apology, and if my interpretation of your words and/or meaning was in-accurate, maybe you’d like to re-phrase it to set the record straight?

Edit: Corrected the spelling of the word ‘publically’. I thought it looked strange when I typed it. It just didn’t have the same meaning without the ‘L’. :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 02-01-2009 01:01 PM

Any “tone” in my reply was a reflection of the “tone” in the reply from GB. I already know how to use a folder.jpg file in a directory to get cover art for an entire folder. I wanted to know if anyone knew why I was having trouble with embedded cover art. My question asked for help with embedded cover art, not cover art in general. If I was in a car repair forum and asked how to fix a problem with my Ford automobile, and someone answered “drive a GM car”, while it does solve my problem, it doesn’t answer the question I asked.

@haverchuck wrote:
Any “tone” in my reply was a reflection of the “tone” in the reply from GB. I already know how to use a folder.jpg file in a directory to get cover art for an entire folder. I wanted to know if anyone knew why I was having trouble with embedded cover art. My question asked for help with embedded cover art, not cover art in general. If I was in a car repair forum and asked how to fix a problem with my Ford automobile, and someone answered “drive a GM car”, while it does solve my problem, it doesn’t answer the question I asked.

Mmmm… I dunno *shrugs*.  Embedded cover art works for me, if I choose to use it in MSC mode.  Can’t tell you much more than that.  Sorry I couldn’t be more help…

I have been trying various permutations to try to understand this issue.

GB was correct in their assessment that it is not MSC vs. MTP. Thank you GB for getting me to stop chasing that red herring.

I have an MP3 that is encoded 128 Kbps CBR (constant bit rate) with embedded cover art that displays fine on the Fuze. I used Mp3tag to add the cover art.

Another MP3 encoded with 224 Kbps CBR with embedded cover art (added with Mp3tag) does not display the art on the Fuze. I wasn’t the one who chose this high bit rate when this file was created. I am happy with 160 Kbps or 192 Kbps, but I hate to transcode a higher bitrate (224 Kbps) down to a lower as I read somewhere that it can degrade the sound more than if the original conversion from the CD was chosen to be 160 Kbps or 192 Kbps.

So either the combination of the higher bitrate and/or larger file size may interfere with embedded cover art on the Fuze. I am going to experiment with embedded cover art on MP3 files with 160 Kbps and 192 Kbps (and another 224 Kbps) to see if there is a pattern.