How would you improve the fuze+?

For me…

For scrolling down lists, instead of having to flick over and over, then overshoot and have to inch your way towards the song, the up and down were constant as long as you held your finger there and the speed at which it scrolls would vary depending on how far your finger is from the center

My understanding is that the flicking system touch interaction isn’t that responsive because otherwise the fuze would be doing all sorts of crazy things if you held it in your pocket, so the touch system is abit delayed intially, so stopping where you want is a pain in the ass

Locking the fuze should just be a tap of the power button, instead of holding the play button. Or it automatically locks once your backlight turns off, and then make the unlock process a bit quicker. The animation is very slow for the lock. Could have it like the (i think zune?) where you just slide up and a cover-ish thing moves with you, and once its pushed off the screen the device is unlocked.

Also, the scroll selection white bar should be smooth, instead of having to flick from song name to song name, just have it settle down on a song name and have it smoothly interact with song names when you scroll, so it looks smoother. It looks especially choppy when the scrolliing slows down

Finally,  album art always has annoying bars if your album art sizing isn’t perfect. So why not just have it be transparent and adjust to fit any picture size? I can’t imagine this being very hard to implement from my basic coding knowledge for skinning gaming devices.

I really agree with everything you just said. It is beyond me why they wouldnt just let the power button be used for locking the device. Just a tap of the power button would make more sense and would be much easier. I also noticed that the scrolling was choppy when it starts slowing down. That definitely needs to be patched up. 

I started a thread about that white border around the album art. I realized it is due to the album art not being sized correctly. I dont know if they can fix it in a firmware update but I hope that they can. I looked at a video of the Sansa Fuze+ to see if they had the border around album art. But they chose album cover with a white background so you couldnt tell lol.

It would be nice if I could play all of the Albums by a Artist or group in order instead one at a time.

Have the option for the display to stay on when using external power source.

more inovation in what the touch pad is used for not just scrolling and other things. maybe for the lock/unlock function instead of going up have a puzzle type of password so not just anyone that steals it can use it.

What about a simple alphabet that makes it easier to scroll through your library by scrolling first to a letter, much like the ipod touch has. 

@deathmetalred wrote:

What about a simple alphabet that makes it easier to scroll through your library by scrolling first to a letter, much like the ipod touch has. 

Sony and Creative players have that too, and it is a very nice feature.

just buy a creative device and it will solve all these issues in the forums. That’s what i had to due sorry sansa.

@brhartin wrote:

just buy a creative device and it will solve all these issues in the forums. That’s what i had to due sorry sansa.

The reason I left Creative behind about 3 years ago (my last was the Zen Touch) was their refusal or inability to integrate add-on memory cards into the main memory to provide a single library space.  You were forced to look at two completely separate lists of Album, Artist, Song etc. - that’s awkward and unacceptable when competitors had it all figured out to display as one library space.

Did they ever fix that major glitch?

I just moved to a Cowon J3 after the Fuze+ collapsed under the load of an 80%-full song collection (see my thread about it), and it integrates all memory into a single space like Sandisk.

i don’t know maybe just maybe make sure the piece of **bleep** was actually compatible with rhapsody and didn’t just quit working randomly requiring you to format constantly i mean seriously a rhapsody install cd comes with this thing i’m disgusted i want my **bleep**ing money back from you trash peddling **bleep**

This is a family forum and we need to keep all posts clean and constructive. Please read our forum rules and guidelines as we do not allow the use of profanity. This will be your only warning.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Time to vent those frustrations?

Rhapsody integrates well on my end, though with the Fuze+ , it is a little different.  As you can see, the developers are busy making little tweaks.

The included CD is not needed for Rhapsody, in fact, you can simply install the latest Rhapsody client on-line.  With the Fuze+, Rhapsody Channels are hidden, under Music, continue sweeping past artists / albums / songs…and Rhapsody is listed last.  Yes, I preferred the original Channels at the main menu level…

dizmodeus , can you describe your problem with Rhapsody in a little more detail?  I am curious about your mention of “formatting” in your post.  Are you having a communications problem?

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: