Fuze firmware update requests. My top 7 features!!! :))

Sansa Fuze/Clip is without doubt the best non-ipod mp3 player on the market!
However, i have some feature requests

1. Menu should be customizable.
Current: when i browse music, i see menu items “Artists”, “Albums”, “Genre”… & “Folders”. 
Proposed: As in the iPod, the user can select which menu items are visible. I dont use ID3 tags for many mp3 files. prefer to see only item “Folders” under my MUSIC. All visible menus could be set under “Settings”. 

2. Displaying album art while playing song.
Current: clicking middle button brings up album art. The artwork however is very small - much room is wasted on top and bottom of screen. The entire screen could be filled with album cover art.
Proposed: album art fills entire screen.

1. Better jpg/gif/png support.
    This is a bug fix request. Many times i get a message “Cannot display image” when i try to browse my photos.

4. Photos dont look smooth.
A bug fix request. Images should be resized smooth, not as “nearest neighbor”

5. Deleting music from Sansa moves them to invisible “Recycled” folder, instead of actually deleting them.
i often delete music from my player only to find a new “Recycled” folder in my sansa menu, right next to music. This folder is visible ONLY when i launch the player. When i browse my Sansa folders on Windows XP, i dont see the folder.

6. Photo randomizer.
Any photo folder can be viewed in random order. Currently alphabetical. 

7. txt file support
Sansa could be used as a txt file reader. 

Nice to meet you!

Don’t expect any firmware update. SanDisk has shifted its attention to the newer Fuze +, which shares little but its name with teh Fuze.

Have you tried Rockbox?

Thanks Black-Rectangle!

Yes, I have tried RockBox. Absolute rubbish, almost bricked my player. Guess Im better off without any updates :slight_smile:

@vorton wrote:

Thanks Black-Rectangle!

Yes, I have tried RockBox. Absolute rubbish , almost bricked my player. Guess Im better off without any updates :slight_smile:

You’re so wrong.

Rockbox is a good (some think even great) alternative firmware to what comes standard on many mp3 players. It offers many, many customizable and tweakable settings plus features that are not inclued in the OF (original firmware) regardless of brand.

For some, it’s a Godsend; for others they’re happy and satisfied with the simplistic original firmware that comes on their players. There’s definitely a learning curve; the 1st time I tried it, I couldn’t see what all the fuss was about. It was definitely “geek-oriented”. Several months later, I had another go, and actually taught myself how to create & write my own “theme”. Took me a couple weeks, but I was happy with the result. I think the key to liking or dis-liking Rockbox has a lot to do with the interface, or “theme”.

It’s defintiely not everyone’s

cup of Earl Grey. :wink:

Rockbox is a good (some think even great) alternative firmware to what comes standard on many mp3 players. It offers many, many customizable and tweakable settings plus features that are not inclued in the OF (original firmware) regardless of brand.

For some, it’s a Godsend; for others they’re happy and satisfied with the simplistic original firmware that comes on their players. There’s definitely a learning curve; the 1st time I tried it, I couldn’t see what all the fuss was about. It was definitely “geek-oriented”. Several months later, I had another go, and actually taught myself how to create & write my own “theme”. Took me a couple weeks, but I was happy with the result. I think the key to liking or dis-liking Rockbox has a lot to do with the interface, or “theme”.

It’s definitely not everyone’s

cup of Earl Grey.

Not that any of this is EVER going to happen, but I wish the thing’s video feature were better. First, the PITA program, SMC. Second, rapid battery depletion (I don’t know how rockbox videos work with this battery, but vids played on the original firmware eat battery VERY rapidly).

Also, AAC support would be nice (of course, that would cause problems, as most people will download there music from iTunes, which uses DRM).

Finally, better photo support (without having to convert/resize every single photo you place on it).

@halonachos117 wrote:

Not that any of this is EVER going to happen, but I wish the thing’s video feature were better. First, the PITA program, SMC. Second, rapid battery depletion (I don’t know how rockbox videos work with this battery, but vids played on the original firmware eat battery VERY rapidly).

Also, AAC support would be nice (of course, that would cause problems, as most people will download there music from iTunes, which uses DRM).

Finally, better photo support (without having to convert/resize every single photo you place on it).

iTunes does not use DRM anymore…and I play AAC files on my Fuze just fine!:stuck_out_tongue: