how do u add videos to sansa fuze???

have no clue why sansa has to make adding vids so complicated.

my sister has the new i-pod nano, i tried to add a vid to my sansa… it didn’t work, then i just put it on my sisters i-pod and it works instantly. i was so mad.

They make it this way because it is not an Ipod. I suspect (Only because i have been using SMC since i bought my Connect which was my first Sansa) that SMC was and is used because it regulates the video in terms of size to fit to your screen. Itunes does the same thing but you dont see it. Also I would be willing to guess that if sansa were to mass produce a proprietary and most likely restricting/crippling software that you had to use it would convert for you but then what is the difference from the ipoop? I bought my Sansas because I could use Windows media for my music, and it doesnt require a proprietary file extention like itunes, and ipoops. Hopefully at some point early next year sansa will develope a firmwire that will not need SMC

i hope so. cuz i got a sansa instead of a (i poop) because i couldn’t stand it.

i poop, hah

Rhapsody sometimes has much better peroformance than SMC according to my experience.

Limewire is illegal you criminal!!!

Didn’t you think that free media was just too good to be true? Well it is!!!

You could get reported for that and pay like a $500 fine!!!

And being smart enought to admit it on the internet???!!!

You are lucky I’m not going to report you because I don’t think it’s worth it, but somebody might, so be careful!!!

Hehe, that limewire reference was from 2008.  P2P files are little land mines.  Might as well load your computer with assorted viruses just for the fun of it, rather than deal with illegal transfers.

There are plenty of legal, even free alternatives out there, check with your favorite musicians’ websites.

Regarding the Sansa Media Converter, audio sync is dependent upon the source video codec and other factors too.

Bob  :wink:

I just got a black 8GB Sansa Fuze a few days ago (after returning a Sansa Clip+ because I was not impressed with its build quality, which surprised me after reading in many reviews that the build quality was good; it looked like the headphone and USB jacks would give problems within a few months).

I have a large collection of AVI movies converted, using  FairUse Wizard 2, from my personal DVDs and they are mostly widescreen. I passed a few of them through the Sansa Media Converter and viewed them on the Sansa Fuze; they come through as widescreen, but on such a small screen they are not really viewable. My next step was to figure out how to reprocess them to fill the Sansa Fuze screen, which meant converting them using a pan-and-scan 4:3 ratio. So I went looking for an appropriate video converter; after testing quite a few, I decided that XMedia Recode was the best and easiest to use (and its free). Here is the process and settings that I’m using to convert my AVI movies for use on the Sansa Fuze (Note: Based on what I’ve seen so far, I don’t recommend even trying to convert and play any movies with fast movement, the video gets very jergy).

1. Start up XMedia Recode
  2. With Movie highlighted, drag-and-drop a movie into the File window
  3. Select the Format tab, within the Ouput Format screen, select Profile: SanDisk/SanDisk Sansa Fuze (avi); the Video Codec settings should be  MPEG4 and Audio Track 1 and 2 MP3
  4. Select an Output of Save to folder and Browse… to the Destination folder where you want to store the converted movie
  5. Click on the movie listed in the File window and select the Video tab
  6. Verify that the settings are: FourCC: XVID ; Framerate: 20 ; Rate control mode: Average bitrate ; Bitrate: 800 ; Number of B-Frames: 0 ; Threads: 0 (Auto.); GOP length: 15 ; Color mode: YUV 4:2:0 Planer ; no other selections
  7. Click on the Filters/Preview tab
  8. Select Resolution and set: Video Size: 224x176 ; Scaling mode: Lanczos ; Aspect ratio: 4:3 ; Zoom: Pan Scan
  9. Optional settings. From the Resolution pull-down menu, select Denoise and click on Enable Denoise ; then select Deblocking and click on Enable Deblocking
  10. At the top of the window, click on Add Job and then on Encode
  11. After about 30 to 40 minutes you should get the converted movie in your D_estination_ folder. I’d recommend you verify that the movie plays well, especially audio synchronization near the end of the movie
  12. Connect your Sansa Fuze to your computer and then start up Sansa Media Converter 
  13. Click on Add Media and select a movie converted by XMedia Recode
  14. Select the Sanza Fuze icon or the microSD icon
  15. Click on Convert to start the conversion and transfer to your Sansa Fuze
  16. After about 10 to 15 minutes you should get the converted movie on your Sansa Fuze.
    Note
    : The movie will be between 10 to 70% bigger than the Xmedia Recode version
  17. Disconnect the Sansa Fuze from your computer and play the movie

Update : A simpler approach is to download and install FuzeVidz. To resize and convert a movie for your Sansa Fuze, drag-and-drop your movie onto of the required FuzeVid CMD file; after conversion, just drag-and-drop directly onto your Sansa Fuze; for more details, see http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=39242&view=by_date_descending&page=3

Note: This is a lot more complicated than what I used to do with my Archos 605, I just dragged and dropped movies to it! I replaced my Archos with a Samsung NC10 netbook about 6 months ago but still felt the need for a small MP3 player (the Archos was just too big to carry around all the time).

Message Edited by writedoc on 03-07-2010 08:11 AM

@writedoc

I haven’t tried your method but that’s a great post.  Since this thread is getting so long,  I suggest you copy-and-paste your instructions to a new thread with a very simple subject line, like How to put videos on the Fuze. Nice that XMedia Recode is free, too.