How can i organize and edit my music info?

how can i do this…i want to organize and edit the track info of my songs…it wont let me do it directly from the player…what program do i need to use?

MP3Tag is an excellent program for editing your tags.  And it’s free!

You’re probably using USB mode of MTP or Auto (which on Windows defaults to MTP). In these modes, I’m pretty sure you can’t edit the tags on the player. In MSC mode, you can edit tags on the player (I use mp3tag for that). It was the main reason I quit using MTP mode.

Of course, you can’t see the songs loaded in MTP mode if you’re in MSC mode, so you’ll have to delete evertything and re-load it in MSC mode. The downside of MSC mode is that playlist creation is a little tricky, but its probably not so bad once you understand how to do it.

Message Edited by bdb on 07-18-2008 11:14 AM

so can i use this program called mp3tag with my usb mode on auto( i have windows so i guess thats MTP mode) to edit my music track info?

aint i suppose to be able to organize my music with the Rhapsody program that came with the player?

@j8lacy wrote:
so can i use this program called mp3tag with my usb mode on auto( i have windows so i guess thats MTP mode) to edit my music track info?

No, you can only edit track info on your player in MSC mode.

If you’re using MTP mode, you need to edit your files on your PC, then transfer them to your Fuze. You can use Rhapsody for these things.

so i can use mp3tag to edit my track info while in MSC mode…im gonna try that.

A little late here, but thanks for this thread and the info.  I just got a Fuze (my previous player went to my starving nephew) and I wanted to be able to have several folders of a mix I guess like most of a certain genre.  The Mp3tag software and setting the USB mode to MSC made it a piece of cake.  Drag and drop.

Just a note of thanks.

Dave