Have the gold Extreme labels changed form shiny to dull? possible fake?

got two of these Extreme 128gb gold cards from Amazon UK a few weeks back. Dull labels instead of shiny, serial numbers identical. I sent them back suspicious they were fake, and Amazon is well known for selling fakes.

Since then ive seen them in John Lewis (UK retailer) with the dull label, and now I just got one from Argos (Also UK retailer) with a dull label.

Have Sandisk stopped using the foil labels? or are legitimate retailers being sent fake cards by distributors etc? is there a huge problem with fakes in the UK right now?

Hi @daveyrocks ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:

Where did you get with support on this? - I noticed a dull one in my collection last year, and I’ve just had one from Argos this week that is also dull. It would be great if Sandisk could confirm if they have/have not switched to “dull” prints.

I’ve had at least one card from Sandisk that was presumably counterfeit ( well below its advertised capacity) - although I can’t remember if this was a “dull” card.