Griffin Docking Station not Compatable with FUZE?

This Fuze is starting to give me more gray hair.  I just received my Griffin Docking Station, plugged my Fuze into it, plugged in the 3.5 mm jack into the Line Out port and NOTHING happened.  No sound, nawda thing.  Did I miss the boat?  Is the Griffin Docking Station not compatable with the Fuze?

My other issue seems to be a common one. Album Art. However it was working before I restarted my system this past weekend.  Now after the restart the Album Art is not showing up on my Fuze.  I also used to have a neat little Fuze icon in the tray on the bottom right of my screen when the Fuze was plugged in.  That’s gone.  The same Icon showed up in WMP 11.  That’s gone as well.  Now I have a generic MP3 player icon and EVERY external drive I have on my computer is showing up as a storage device for music.  None of this was happening before the restart.  Any suggestions?

Help…  :cry:

Per the documentation with the Griffin dock, enabling the Fuze or e200 series line out requires POWER to the dock.  This is easily remedied by using the mini-USB jumper cable with an AC adaptor.  Once the wee blue light is on, your Fuze will work like a champ with the dock.

The output is plenty hot enough to drive your stereo input or an amplified set of computer speakers, plugged into the line out jack, better than using the headphone socket!

The Fuze is unique in that the output is variable via the scroll wheel.  The e200 series disables the headphone jack, like the Fuze, but the scroll wheel is still live.

Remember that if there is daya on the two center pins of the USB cable, as in when it’s connected to the PC, the Fuze is in slave mode, and will sync/charge only.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

THANKS!!  That works!!  Now I’ll order a couple more at $14.99 each with free shipping before they run out of them.  :smiley:

Now I just have to address the WMP/Fuze issues I’ve developed… :dizzy_face:

@wmebert wrote:

THANKS!!  That works!!  Now I’ll order a couple more at $14.99 each with free shipping before they run out of them.  :smiley:

 

Now I just have to address the WMP/Fuze issues I’ve developed… :dizzy_face:

Hey, That dock sounds great. could you give me the url so I can get one!!  Thanks! George

Here you go! At this price, I’d snag it up quick before they’re all gone!

I still thinks it looks like one of these though . . .

Juat insert your Sansa mp3 player into the sun-roof so you can charge it while you drive! :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 09-03-2008 07:03 PM

I didn’t know about the Griffin dock until I read this post so I also purchased one; but I don’t see where to plug in an AC adaptor.  There’s only the line-out and USB plugs; where do you plug in the AC adaptor?  Do you have to have a special Adaptor and if so what kind and where can I get one?

Thanks.

Unfortunately the Griffin dock is not AC powered. Maybe that’s why it’s on clearance or so in-expensive (notice I didn’t say cheap?). You have a use a separate USB AC adaptor as suggested in neutron_bob’s post above.

Unfortunately the Griffin dock is not AC powered. Maybe that’s why it’s on clearance or so in-expensive (notice I didn’t say cheap?). You have to use a separate USB AC adaptor as suggested in neutron_bob’s post above.  

The Griffin Power Dock includes a USB cable, standard USB on one end, mini-USB on the other. 

This cable can be connected to the PC to synchronize files and charge, or to an AC USB adaptor for power while using the dock’s output connection.  These adaptors are very inexpensive.

Griffin has a new model charger with dual outputs too! 

The Sansa will automatically disable the headphone output, and feed the audio through the line connection.  This output is fixed on the e200, and is variable on the Fuze.

If you have the Fuze docked, and are watching a bit of video, it’s nice to be able to adjust the volume on the device itself. 

Note that the output via the docking pins is “hotter” than the headphone output, and it drives a set of amplified computer speakers with subwoofer very nicely.  The headphone output is about 50mW.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

@neutron_bob wrote:

The Griffin Power Dock includes a USB cable, standard USB on one end, mini-USB on the other. 

 

This cable can be connected to the PC to synchronize files and charge, or to an AC USB adaptor for power while using the dock’s output connection.  These adaptors are very inexpensive.

 

Griffin has a new model charger with dual outputs too! 

 

The Sansa will automatically disable the headphone output, and feed the audio through the line connection.  This output is fixed on the e200, and is variable on the Fuze.

 

If you have the Fuze docked, and are watching a bit of video, it’s nice to be able to adjust the volume on the device itself. 

 

Note that the output via the docking pins is “hotter” than the headphone output, and it drives a set of amplified computer speakers with subwoofer very nicely.  The headphone output is about 50mW.

 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

Thank you for saying it works on AC so I just ordered it.   My old laptop isn’t even charging my Fuze so I bought an AC adaptor.   Did the free shipping, I’m in no rush.  I would love this for video or just sitting on a desk.

I just got the docking station & I love it! I primarily use it to plug it into a mini stereo that I keep in my bedroom and for charging.

I was originally gonna buy an additional charging cord so I could use the Fuze in my car, but when I saw the dock for $15, that changed my mind. I’m so glad I found the threads about this item on the forums.

If anybody has any doubts about this item, all I gotta say is that it is worth the cost and would have been worth it _ even if it weren’t on clearance _.  

So, to all of you who helped me make my decision, THANKS!

I also ordered the Griffin Docking Station and it arrived today. QUICK shipping. To my surprise I found out my 5 volt charger for my Motorola flip phone also fits the Griffin Docking Station! Now I have two options for both my phone and fuse. I can use the supplied USB cable that came with the Docking Station to charge my phone from a computer also. I originaly ordered the docking station so I can plug the Fuze into my “boom box” at work with a AC adapter. Now that I don’t need a additional power adapter I just ordered another docking station for home use. I think at home I’ll plug it into a Kenwood 400w amp/eq then into a pair of stage monitor speakers :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by TXMike on 10-15-2008 06:07 PM

@neutron_bob wrote:

Per the documentation with the Griffin dock, enabling the Fuze or e200 series line out requires POWER to the dock.  This is easily remedied by using the mini-USB jumper cable with an AC adaptor.  Once the wee blue light is on, your Fuze will work like a champ with the dock.

 

***

 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

Actually, my e260v1 powers the line-out without a power supply attached to the Griffin, provided I’m using Rockbox and not the original firmware.

Any chance that there will be a line-out signal from the Fuze without powering the dock up in future firmwares?

It’s already been confirmed in another thread that this is not possible.

It’s been confirmed that it would be possible to switch between the headphone out/line out manually via firmware.