Fuze won't sync with ANY media player ...Winamp, WMP 11, or Rhapsody or Apple Itunes

This one has me stumped ! Every time I try to sync. with any of the media players mentioned I end up with the

“Windows Media Player (WinAMP, Rhapsody) has encountered a problem and must close …” message

I have Win Xp SP2, Pentium 3. 1 Mb RAM

I’ve searched Hi and Lo for an answer …but no luck

If I try to boot my computer up with the Fuze plugged into the USB …it locks up on the POST screen until

I unplug it …then it finishes booting.

The Fuze is recognized by Windows Explorer and that is the only way to load files or view what is on the player.

I’ve tried refreshing the WMPUI.DLL file …D/L the latest firmware from SANSA… V01.01.15A

ANY ideas are greatly appreciated !!

@roncry wrote:

This one has me stumped ! Every time I try to sync. with any of the media players mentioned I end up with the

“Windows Media Player (WinAMP, Rhapsody) has encountered a problem and must close …” message

Is your Fuze set to MTP mode? Auto-detect is sometimes a little flaky. Best to set your Fuze for one or the other (MTP vs. MSC)

I have Win Xp SP2, Pentium 3. 1 Mb RAM

1MB of RAM? Are you sure? Maybe you meant 1GB?

I’ve searched Hi and Lo for an answer …but no luck

If I try to boot my computer up with the Fuze plugged into the USB …it locks up on the POST screen until

I unplug it …then it finishes booting.

Don’t connect you Fuze until after you have booted up your computer. And it’s usually best to start up your device first, rather than plugging it in while it’s still off.

The Fuze is recognized by Windows Explorer and that is the only way to load files or view what is on the player.

This method (dragging & dropping) is actually the easiest and most reliable way to get the music you want (and only the music you want) onto your player. I like MSC mode. MTP is for the birds!

I’ve tried refreshing the WMPUI.DLL file …D/L the latest firmware from SANSA… V01.01.15A

ANY ideas are greatly appreciated !!

Thanks for the suggestions

Tried both MTP & MSC mode …no luck …programs still close

Yes it was 1 MB of RAM

Tried connecting both after and before booting up …no difference

It’s O.K to use Explorer to drag & drop but I also need to listen to different files before loading them .