Fuze video format?

Sansa recommends Rhapsody. But since I am on a tight budget, you know how it goes…

• What is Rhapsoy?  Something new?

I need a FREE MVA video conversion OR a free Video Sharing/download program, BESIDES Limewire.  Limewire does not have good quality video/movies.

• Question:  What VIDEO FORMATS does Sansa Fuze accept?
  • What software do I need to Copy my own store bought DVDs onto my Sansa Fuze?  Preferably free

As you can tell I am new to this, this is my First MP3 player.

Rhapsody is free, ffs.

@kaxmir wrote:

AS far as the one writer wrote, do i just google a search for win avi programs?

http://www.winavi.com/

But be aware that:

1.) This is not a free program.

2.) There are different programs for different formats.

3.) WVA format is not that common (I’ve never even heard of it), and it is not listed as one of the formats WinAvi converts.

thanks Tapeworm…I’m definitely realizing that WVA is not common at all.  Like I mentioned, I’ve downloaded alot of different media conversion programs.

Most of them have 30% conversion trial, so at least I can try out.  No luck so far.

My Sansa Fuze supports these files only…

MP3

, OGG

, FLAC

, WMA

, secure WMA

, WAV

, Audible

, MPEG4

http://www.sansa.com/players sansa_fuze/tech

sansa fuze 4GB, Need to Convert WMA video files to a different format to play on Sansa?..I need help with WMA not WVA, sorry …

I just noticed i goofed with my question, question should read…:cry:sansa fuze 4GB, Need to Convert WMA video files to a different format to play on Sansa?..I need help with WMA not WVA, sorry

@kaxmir wrote:
I just noticed i goofed with my question, question should read…:cry:sansa fuze 4GB, Need to Convert WMA video files to a different format to play on Sansa?..I need help with WMA not WVA, sorry

Using the programs mentioned (Any-Video-Converter, WinAvi, w/e) convert it to a mpeg and then run it thru SMC. Thats what I do, never once had a problem.

@conversionbox wrote:

@kaxmir wrote:

Using the programs mentioned (Any-Video-Converter, WinAvi, w/e) convert it to a mpeg and then run it thru SMC. Thats what I do, never once had a problem.

FOUND THIS SITE … 

1.        Is MPEG the same as MPG???

2.        under this site (media-convert.com),
 what video “OUTPUT FORMAT” do i choose to convert file (movie) onto my sansa fuze? ???

3.      I know you mentioned “convert it to a mpeg” , but which one???  below is a sample from site.

Output format choices…which one will work with my Sansa Fuze?

Windows Media Video (.wmv)

3GP/3G2 Video (.3gp)

Audio Video Interleave (.avi)

Apple Quicktime (.mov)

MPEG 1 (.mpg)

MPEG-4 (.mp4)

Flash Video (.flv)

MPEG-2 (.mpg)

RealVideo (.rm)

Animated GIF (.gif)

DPG Video (.dpg)

AMV Video Format (.amv)

OGG video (.ogg)

IPOD/IPHONE MP4 Video (.mp4)

PLAYSTATION (PSP)

MP4 Video (.mp4)

Flash SWF (.swf)

MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3 (.mp3)

WAVE form audio format (.wav)

Advanced Audio Coding (.aac)

Joint ph. experts group (.jpg,.jfif,.jif,.jpe,.jpeg)

I managed to get my video recognised by the fuze converting it only via the WinAVI converter; I simply installed the DivX 5.21 codec on my pc, then I choose the divx5 as the encoder, with the size specs on 224x176, and 20fps. The video is recognised and played by the sansa fuze, but it sometimes crashes…

I’ve also noticed that converting a video to avi via the SUPER video converter you can elude the errors of the SMC… it can convert such files without crashing!

hope this is helpful…

All this to watch a feature length film on a 2" screen?

Wow.

I mess around with You Tube and home-movie shorts but it’s hard to envision wanting to watch many complete 2-hour films on this thing!  Yowza.

Blackdog,

Envision:

You are a 13 year old in the back seat on a 6 hour Interstate car trip.

You are a 17 year old with a 45 minute round-trip bus ride to school.

You are a 45 year old waiting for for 1.5 hours for a “while-you-wait” muffler change or 3 hours for your wife to emerge from surgery.

Steve Martin in The Pink Panther is just as funny on a 2" screen as it is in 60" HD.  If you are watching Stand by Me for the 12th time, do you really need to see every detail to be entertained?  The special effects from the complete first season of Lost in Space translate well to 2".

Expand your horizons,

Icy

@icymt wrote:

Blackdog,

Envision:

You are a 13 year old in the back seat on a 6 hour Interstate car trip.

You are a 17 year old with a 45 minute round-trip bus ride to school.

You are a 45 year old waiting for for 1.5 hours for a “while-you-wait” muffler change or 3 hours for your wife to emerge from surgery.

Steve Martin in The Pink Panther is just as funny on a 2" screen as it is in 60" HD.  If you are watching Stand by Me for the 12th time, do you really need to see every detail to be entertained?  The special effects from the complete first season of Lost in Space translate well to 2".

Expand your horizons,

Icy

I could understand comedy… You dont need to see it to laugh. But for an Action Flick I think bigger is better. I like Comedy Central specials on mine… ITs pretty easy and it doesnt actually require watching. 

Icy

Yeah- I can envision that.  And if it were a seamless process I’d probably do the same thing.  As it is, all the wanking around with several converters only to get a file 2-3 times larger than a full divx avi file just ain’t worth it to me whether I’m 17 or 45.  That’s where shorties and You-Tube work great.  I also own a cool portable dvd player that plays avi (divx and xvid) files off a USB or SD card- as well as dvd’s…so that’s what I do.  But you’re right, different strokes for different folks.

My older son was so frustrated with his Fuze that he sold it and bought an 80gb Zune.  We have one program that will convert a DVD to a Zune compatible file.  Put the output in the right place and you are done because it will auto-sync the next time you plug in.

Having SMC in the middle of this process is an irritating and unnecessary step.

sansa media converter doesn;t work, it has a problem converting the videos

it states that it has 1 unfinished video and ont he problem section, there is nothing. so sansa media converter is not an option, is there anything else except for that? 

video4fuze

http://code.google.com/p/video4fuze/

It converts Youtube and other video quite nicely (thanks to ffmpeg) - just copy the result files over to your Fuze and you’re done.  They’ll even read off of external micro’s.

Message Edited by WarpKat on 02-24-2010 10:28 AM

Can SMC be used on a mac? Where can I download it?

@cblupo wrote:

No.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Drag-amp-Drop-Videos-to-Fuze-in-MSC-mode-on-a-Mac/m-p/51038/highlight/true#M1140

@cblupo wrote:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Drag-amp-Drop-Videos-to-Fuze-in-MSC-mode-on-a-Mac/m-p/51038/highlight/true#M1140