Fuze 4GB won't change or scroll menus

This Fuze will not scroll up or down on menus, and on the main menu it will occassionally change to a different function such as videos or pictures, but presently it is stuck on Radio and it will not go anywhere else.  It will not go to music.  It started on music and played music, but when I tried to scroll through choices and left music, I cannot go back.  What can I do about this problem?  Is it fixable or do I need a new Fuze?

Message Edited by gosloman on 12-01-2008 09:53 PM

I’d say it’s toast. Should be able to get a new one under warranty, either through where you got it, or SanDisk directly.

Try a soft reset first.  Slide the power switch to ON and hold it in this position for 15 seconds, then release.  Then try powering up again, and see if it functions normally.

Bob  :cry:

It could be that the firmware in the player has become corrupted. I suggest trying to reload the latest firmware. This might solve the problem. 

Did that and still having the same results - thanks for the help :wink:

I’d say you are right - interesting I emailed San Disk directly and got no response

Hmmm trying to figure out this board.  Am I seeing things right, that you cannot reply to individuals, your reply will only become the last response?  And if that is true then:

To tapeworm, thanks for the insight, I think you are right

To neutron bob and JK98 - I have tried both of those things and neither has worked.  Thanks for trying to help, I do appreciate it.

@gosloman wrote:

Hmmm trying to figure out this board.  Am I seeing things right, that you cannot reply to individuals, your reply will only become the last response?  And if that is true then:

To tapeworm, thanks for the insight, I think you are right

To neutron bob and JK98 - I have tried both of those things and neither has worked.  Thanks for trying to help, I do appreciate it.

You can send a PM (private message) to an individual by clicking on the ‘envelope’ icon in the upper RH of any page here. Otherwise, you are replying to the on-going thread in the public forum for everyone to see.

You usually get quicker response from SanDisk if you call them though, rather than e-mailing. People have had varying results with e-mail running the gamut from instant response to totally ignoring them!

Keep on 'em, whichever way you go. We have heard horror stories of people ‘falling through the customer-service cracks’ and it taking weeks and sometimes months to get a replacement.