Frozen white screen during startup

I believe this issue was caused from me removing the Fuze from my desktop after having clicked “Safely Remove ___” and it not appearing to work. The device was obviously still connected to the computer, but there wasn’t anything else I could do at the time and I was in a rush and just removed it anyway. Well ever since the device just shows a white screen when I power it on, it never progresses any further. I tried holding down the power switch to reset it, but that does nothing. I also tried using the updater to see if maybe that would detect and fix the problem, but it didn’t. Not sure what else there is to do. I’ve only had the thing since Christmas.

What were you doing when you disconnected? When you plug it in does the computer recognize the device? If so, try to manually reinstall the firmwire.

@conversionbox wrote:

What were you doing when you disconnected?

I’m not sure what you mean by that. I had finished transfering some mp3 files over to the Sansa Fuze, afterwards I tried to Safely Remove it, which seemed to glitch… The computer acted as if the command went through, but the Sansa was still on the connected to pc screen. Like I said, I was in a rush and didn’t think removing it would do any serious harm.

@conversionbox wrote:

When you plug it in does the computer recognize the device? If so, try to manually reinstall the firmwire.

It was, and I did as you recommended (didn’t realize I could manually install before) and after placing the fuzea.bin file in my root directory and disconnecting the device, that no longer works. So things are worse off than before

@stt414 wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

What were you doing when you disconnected?

I’m not sure what you mean by that. I had finished transfering some mp3 files over to the Sansa Fuze, afterwards I tried to Safely Remove it, which seemed to glitch… The computer acted as if the command went through, but the Sansa was still on the connected to pc screen. Like I said, I was in a rush and didn’t think removing it would do any serious harm.

@conversionbox wrote:

When you plug it in does the computer recognize the device? If so, try to manually reinstall the firmwire.

It was, and I did as you recommended (didn’t realize I could manually install before) and after placing the fuzea.bin file in my root directory and disconnecting the device, that no longer works. So things are worse off than before

Now try sliding the on switch up and holding it for 15-20 seconds. See what happens. It should not have gotten worse. Is the screen just white when you turn it on, or does it start normally and then stop?

For a while it was simply not turning back on. But now when I attempt to turn it on it will flash the white screen up for 2 seconds or so, the wheel also lights up as it did before. However it then powers off, whereas before it stayed on with the white screen until I forced it off by holding up the on switch.

Like I had previously posted, it was not interacting with my computer after I placed the firmware file on the Sansa. However I just now plugged it back in and the screen has stayed fully lit, still with the white screen and it did pop up on the PC as an unrecognized USB device.

How long had you had the Fuze? Its starting to sound like a lemon. Check out this thread and see if there is anything I didnt cover. If Not See if you can take it back cause you got a bum unit. If you have had it for a while however call Sandisk Tech Support (Dont Email) see what they say.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=9898&view=by\_date\_ascending&page=1

Got it as a gift for Christmas. Just asked the person who gave it to me where they got it from and if it could be returned, but it’s kind of unlikely apparently because it was purchased a ways in advance.

Call Sansa and see what you can do… The more I think about it, it sounds like your Screen went bad. Peoples whose LCD’s went bad have reported white lines, but I haddent heard the whole thing goin white, that fast.