Folder Navigation with FUZE ?!

Hi There,

i buyed my Fuze last week and i really like it.

But i’m hating it, that i have to id3-tag all my files.

Haven’t done that ever till now, and now i should to that for 1-16 GB of music?

Isn’t there a method to browser folders instead?

Thanx a lot!

You should try a search before posting, there are a million posts about this.

Anyway, there is no folder browsing.  Everything is tag based.

If you used a consistent file naming convention, tools like MP3Tag or Tag&Rename can automatically tag your files based on the files names.  That would probably be the best way to start, then you could manually clean up anything that didn’t tag correctly.

Searched, but didn’t find anything useful. :frowning:

How could Sandisk NOT implete a “browse files” function??! :robotmad:

Will try out mp3tag. Thx 4 the hint!

@madace wrote:

 

How could Sandisk NOT implete a “browse files” function??! :robotmad:

 

Because it’s mutch more powerfull, clean and ergonomic.

Nobody complain when Apple obliged to tagg his audio collection.

It require a little pain at the begining but after it’s pure happiness!

You will like it.

Perhaps, if you could not use mp3tag or another because your files are not uniformaly named, you could have a look at http://musicbrainz.org/doc/PicardTagger which try to tag files based on an “audio signature” to automticly tag your files. I have not tried, yet.

Other informations here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MusicBrainz

Folder navigation was more useful when player memory was limited.

It’s much more efficient to tag the files properly and browse by artist, title, etc.

That said, I’d still like to see folder navigation myself but it’s not going to happen.

I’d be happy if Sansa would stop making UNDOCUMENTED changes to playlist functionality and support.

They can change whatever they want. It might be a good idea to get used to it

@aircraftkiller wrote:
They can change whatever they want. It might be a good idea to get used to it

Typical response from the snot-nosed punk and forum troll.

Improvements happen when paying customers provide input to the people who make the product.

Get used to it.

@aircraftkiller wrote:
They can change whatever they want. It might be a good idea to get used to it

Yes they can, but you can refuse to update your firmware.  :smileyvery-happy:

@aircraftkiller wrote:
They can change whatever they want. It might be a good idea to get used to it

Ah, Aircraftkiller blesses us with his infinite wisdom once again.  How lucky we are for his invaluble contributions to this forum.

@tmarkoski wrote:

I’d be happy if Sansa would stop making UNDOCUMENTED changes to playlist functionality and support.

Just curious, what changes are you upset about?  I found all the enhancements to m3u playlist support to be really good.

@skinjob wrote:


@tmarkoski wrote:

I’d be happy if Sansa would stop making UNDOCUMENTED changes to playlist functionality and support.


 

Just curious, what changes are you upset about?  I found all the enhancements to m3u playlist support to be really good.

What really got me ticked was simply trying to use my old e280 playlists on my Fuze.

As you well know, that can’t be done.

There is nothing in any manually and not a single mention of playlists and all the related detail in the user manual.

Heck, SanDisk doesn’t even have a single pegged entry about playlists on this forum.

It’s things like going from UNICODE to standard DOS ASCII without any notification.

Then there is the fact that they dropped support for the extended ASCII character set without any notification.

There has been a wealth of information provided to SanDisk here by users.

It’s seems to me that it would be a no-brainer to have a cogent section about playlists and all player functions in the user manual.

The only reason I didn’t take my Fuze back was I was able to find information here and in a limited amount of my own time.

I wrote a scipt to convert my old pla playlists and now I’m cool with the m3u playlists.

Too many new Sansa users have to come here and re-invent the wheel when it comes to getting basic information about the player

because SanDisk does such a poor job of documenting the functionality of their own product.

That’s a real shame because the product functions quite well when you know how to use it properly.

I love how you label anyone who disagrees with you as a “troll”, sounds like the kind of behavior you yourself have a problem with. :smiley: I don’t think it’s their responsibility to “document” changes to anything. It’s already been done on the forum with each firmware update. They can do whatever they want with their products. I’m quite happy with what my 8GB Fuze does and I have very little reason to raise hell on the forum over a few minor changes and “undocumented” fixes. I suggest you read two phrases that destroyed American culture.

This will give you a better idea of why I disagree with what you say.

@aircraftkiller wrote:

 

I love how you label anyone who disagrees with you as a “troll”, sounds like the kind of behavior you yourself have a problem with. :smiley: I don’t think it’s their responsibility to “document” changes to anything. It’s already been done on the forum with each firmware update. They can do whatever they want with their products. I’m quite happy with what my 8GB Fuze does and I have very little reason to raise hell on the forum over a few minor changes and “undocumented” fixes. I suggest you read two phrases that destroyed American culture.

This will give you a better idea of why I disagree with what you say.

Spare us your snot-nosed trolling.

I’m a business owner and have forgotten more about commerce and running a successful company than you’ll ever know.

When you get out of your mom’s basement and understand how the real world works, come back and play.

Until then, put away the tissues and please help yourself to a heaping helping of STFU.

Please, feel free to go sit on a re-hot poker and rotate.

PLONK!

Message Edited by tmarkoski on 10-10-2008 10:28 AM

That’s a perfectly rational response. +1 on the trolling, you’re definitely good at it :slight_smile:

@aircraftkiller wrote:

 

I love how you label anyone who disagrees with you as a “troll”, sounds like the kind of behavior you yourself have a problem with. :smiley: I don’t think it’s their responsibility to “document” changes to anything. It’s already been done on the forum with each firmware update. They can do whatever they want with their products. I’m quite happy with what my 8GB Fuze does and I have very little reason to raise hell on the forum over a few minor changes and “undocumented” fixes. I suggest you read two phrases that destroyed American culture.

This will give you a better idea of why I disagree with what you say.

I hesitate to even respond, but I suppose it’s worth a shot.  You’re not a troll because you disagree, you’re a troll because the majority of your posts are condescending, insulting and of no help to the discussion at hand.   Ironically, your behaviour on these forums is very much like the rude customer in your link.

If your original reply had the more reasoned tone presented in your reply above, I doubt you would have gotten the “troll” response.  If you continue your typical instulting tone I’m sure that kind of reaction will continue.

@tmarkoski wrote:


@skinjob wrote:


@tmarkoski wrote:

I’d be happy if Sansa would stop making UNDOCUMENTED changes to playlist functionality and support.


 

Just curious, what changes are you upset about?  I found all the enhancements to m3u playlist support to be really good.


 

 

What really got me ticked was simply trying to use my old e280 playlists on my Fuze.

 

As you well know, that can’t be done.

 

There is nothing in any manually and not a single mention of playlists and all the related detail in the user manual.

Heck, SanDisk doesn’t even have a single pegged entry about playlists on this forum.

 

It’s things like going from UNICODE to standard DOS ASCII without any notification.

 

Then there is the fact that they dropped support for the extended ASCII character set without any notification.

 

There has been a wealth of information provided to SanDisk here by users.

It’s seems to me that it would be a no-brainer to have a cogent section about playlists and all player functions in the user manual.

 

The only reason I didn’t take my Fuze back was I was able to find information here and in a limited amount of my own time.

I wrote a scipt to convert my old pla playlists and now I’m cool with the m3u playlists.

 

Too many new Sansa users have to come here and re-invent the wheel when it comes to getting basic information about the player

because SanDisk does such a poor job of documenting the functionality of their own product.

That’s a real shame because the product functions quite well when you know how to use it properly.

 

Ah, you mean changes between E series and Fuze.  I thought you meant between the last and current Fuze firmware.  Fuze and Clip are my first Sansa’s so the firmware updates have all been great for me.  I imagine they will eventually address most functionality that was lost between E series and Fuze.

 There is no “tone” over the internet. What you make of a reply is how you read it. I simply see no reason to complain about documentation. They put up the information on the forum, which isn’t a bad idea because I doubt many people read their user manuals with how simple this player is. It would be a great idea for SanDisk to put the updated firmware information into a manual update shipped new-in-box, but what difference would it really make to the average user? Even if they *did* read the manual, people like you and I have no real complaints because the updates that would be posted in the manual are already on the forum. So I honestly see no reason to complain unless it’s too much trouble to use the search function to find what you need.

@aircraftkiller wrote:

 There is no “tone” over the internet. What you make of a reply is how you read it. I simply see no reason to complain about documentation.

Jonathan, As a professional courtesy, I am going to disabuse you of that notion immediately.

ALL communication has a tone.

Yours is decidely confrontational.

You don’t contribute to the discussion at hand by actually reviewing and discussing the merits of a particular position.

@you1 immediately start throwing @#$! at a fan on ‘high’ to see how far and wide it sticks

Simply sending one email with the tone you have used is a firing offense in many companies.

It’s one thing to disagree with someone’s position by discussing the merits of a position, it is something all together different

to be disagreeable simply for the sake of hearing your own “voice”.

At 24 years old you should know better but I expect that you are still living at home and the real world hasn’t hit you yet.

You must be a student because no one in the professional world would communicate the way you do.

Try it and see how fast you are shown the door.

A word of advice, things that you post on the internet can come back to haunt you.

There are things called background checks and you’d be surprised what information can and will be considered by a potential employer.

One part of my initial consideration of anyone is checking to see if there is anything on the net

to indicate a potential personality issue. If you can’t work on a team, I can’t use you.

If you are a legend in your own mind, no matter your talent, you are cancer to an employer.

Unless you plan on working at RadioShack forever, my sincere advice to you is to grow up while you still can or practice saying “Welcome to WalMart”.

Message Edited by tmarkoski on 10-11-2008 06:25 AM

Hey cool, you can do google searches on someone’s name… welcome to the digital age! I’ve already had people pretend they “know” me, and it’s pretty sad that you’ll take this so seriously that you’ll dig up information on me to re-post it in a forum that has absolutely nothing to do with my background haha… Did it take you a few hours to dig up all my info from various forums and websites? Did you look at my online portfolio and find my biography? I wonder how long it’ll take before an admin shuts this thread down and bans both of us, especially if I complain that I feel “threatened” by you for digging up my “personal information” online. Truth be told, I really don’t care if what I say is offensive toward you. I know a lot of people and there’s a fundamental link between everyone: Offensiveness is defined by the person’s sensibilities and their environment. Go tell some Chris Rock jokes and see my point. So your delicate sensibilities are the least of my worries - the lack of faith you have in the qualities you espose are also interesting considering you turn to e-rage at a moment’s notice when someone says something you don’t like. Refer to the post you made the other day if you need to get a refresher.

 The rest of your post is hilarious though, it’s almost like you think you know anything about me at all. :slight_smile:

@aircraftkiller wrote:

Hey cool, you can do google searches on someone’s name… welcome to the digital age! I’ve already had people pretend they “know” me, and it’s pretty sad that you’ll take this so seriously that you’ll dig up information on me to re-post it in a forum that has absolutely nothing to do with my background haha… Did it take you a few hours to dig up all my info from various forums and websites? Did you look at my online portfolio and find my biography? I wonder how long it’ll take before an admin shuts this thread down and bans both of us, especially if I complain that I feel “threatened” by you for digging up my “personal information” online. Truth be told, I really don’t care if what I say is offensive toward you. I know a lot of people and there’s a fundamental link between everyone: Offensiveness is defined by the person’s sensibilities and their environment. Go tell some Chris Rock jokes and see my point. So your delicate sensibilities are the least of my worries - the lack of faith you have in the qualities you espose are also interesting considering you turn to e-rage at a moment’s notice when someone says something you don’t like. Refer to the post you made the other day if you need to get a refresher.

 

 The rest of your post is hilarious though, it’s almost like you think you know anything about me at all. :slight_smile:

I knew I was wasting my breath with you.

You’re a troll and nothing more.

24 years old with a kid, not married and working as a cashier at RadioShack.

And we should be paying attention to anything you post because…?

You’re well on your way to achieving mediocrity and living off the taxpayer.

Come to think of it, you’re already there.:wink:

Message Edited by tmarkoski on 10-11-2008 11:04 AM

lol you’re great, you act like I post anything about me online, how much more are you going to assume? Spell that word out, you might find an interesting message hidden inside Mr. E-Thug.