FLAC files skip even after newest update

I’ve been testing out FLAC files and every single one of them skips or studders during playback even after upgrading to the newest firmware.

Try one encoded at 0/no compression and see if that works

Newest firmware is kind of an oxymoron with the Clip, isn’t it? :dizzy_face:

Now, now, now, Marvin …   ;)   (But of course, you’re right …)

I use compression level 5 and have never had a problem.

Wait what progam are you using to encode OP?  There was a specific one that had issues (can’t remember which one but it might come up in a search)

EAC with flac encoder 1.2.1b, compression level 8. How would that have an effect on the player though?

Whatever they used to encode it didn’t use the standard properly so the files didn’t work.  That’s not your problem.  If you tried changing the compression too I’m out of ideas.

How does EAC and foobar not use the “standard properly”?

@d_headshot wrote:
How does EAC and foobar not use the “standard properly”?

Like I said, that wasn’t your problem.  

Try encoding the file from the command line using no tags from a WAV.  

It’s actually a few hundred flac files. I don’t want to have to re-encode them(foobar doesn’t keep album art when re-encoding) just for something that’s wrong with this player.

@d_headshot wrote:
It’s actually a few hundred flac files. I don’t want to have to re-encode them(foobar doesn’t keep album art when re-encoding) just for something that’s wrong with this player.

Then pick a representative file and test that to see if its a flac issue or an eac issue.