Firmware 01.02.26 bug? Serious!

I seem to have some problems with this new firmware update. I updated my firmware for my V1 4Gb fuze, everything seems well, but when I click the middle button or “right” button to play a mp3, especially those larger file size ones (320kbps) it lags for 1~7seconds and then only it plays. And the playlists in my memory card (8gb) is not working anymore. How to fix this?

I tried formatting it before and after I update the firmware but it wont work. I love the better scrolling speed, 8000 songs limit and folder navigation but the lagging issue is not solved. If it’s small size mp3 (128kbps, 3~5mb) it won’t lag, but if it’s a 320kbps mp3 (10~13mb) it will take a good time lagging there. I experienced a horrible 5~6 seconds delay. Is there any other way to solve this? None of you have this problem? BTW if I revert to the old firmware the problem will be gone, but I need the folder browser!

HELP~!

having the very same problem  with my one ???

Possible there is something going on in the header of your files.  As ID3 v2.4 is supported, the Fuze sees things it previously ignored.  Try using MP3Tag, a free utility, to clean up the tag data.

µsansa

actually .26 is still a mess

when I delete a video, the video remains, then the menus go crazy

15 second reboot does a reindexing files, but the file remains

if the devs want screenshots let me know

im tired of people saying this rev is OK

ITS not

@bytehd2000 wrote:

actually .26 is still a mess

when I delete a video, the video remains, then the menus go crazy

15 second reboot does a reindexing files, but the file remains

if the devs want screenshots let me know

im tired of people saying this rev is OK

ITS not

From the firmware release notes:

“Known Issues: Deleting video from microSD card doesn’t clear file from database”

Was the video you deleted on the memory card or was it stored on the internal memory?

Also, nobody has ever said that there were not any problems with this last firmware release. In fact, many bugs have been reported and fixes for them are being worked on.  If the new bugs in this firmware bother you then try rolling back to the previous firmware until they can (hopefully) get things fixed in the next new firmware release.

Now, back to the original problem this thread started with…

All my files are 320Kbps MP3 and I don’t have any problems with them at all, but… I had run the all thru MP3Tag before to make sure all the ID3 tags were cleaned up and done properly. So, very likely the source of your problem is (as microsansa mentioned) something in the header or tags of your files that was being ignored before.

All of the Sansa players have been far to nit picky about tags all along (compared to other MP3 players). I don’t know why the SanDisk programmers can’t come up with the same program routines that other players use (that are not so nit picky). Very likely they are overworked and under paid.:cry:

Indeed, there was a maelstrom of cheers for Folder Navigation, goading the release of the latest firmware, if you’ll recall. 

As this was a significant step, including such sundries as file data view, an entertaining continuation of the spectrum analyzer display, ReplayGain support, rapid gain change was inhibited, ID3 v.2.4 support was implemented, and a list of other things…we should understand that there will be inevitable glitches in the works.

The video bug is best dealt with by remembering to halt the video before powering off, and your Fuze will remember the stop point for later retrieval.  Simply select “resume from current position”.

Video deletion from the µSD card is noted, and will no doubt be addressed in the future.  Those of us who’ve learned the ropes on the e200 are quite used to managing video from the host PC, which is our current solution.

After this magnum opus, a great update to the Sansa Fuze, I agree some breathing room is in order.  The team did a great job.  I’ll work around the quirks for the time being.

Currently, I’m up to my eyeballs in video codecs and editing applications, playing with DivX and AVI.  The rule of thumb, so far?  The more powerful the software, the smaller my wee brain feels.  Try immersing yourself in modulation schemes, alternate frames, and audio by the millisecond.  I need more coffee.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Currently, I’m up to my eyeballs in video codecs and editing applications, playing with DivX and AVI.  The rule of thumb, so far?  The more powerful the software, the smaller my wee brain feels.  Try immersing yourself in modulation schemes, alternate frames, and audio by the millisecond.  I need more coffee.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Yep, I’ve worked with video on computers for about 10 years now. Seems like everyday I find some new glitch in a new video file that won’t work right and I have to find alternate methods or software to work around it. When you dig into the video stuff deep enough, after a while the piddly problems with firmware on the Fuze seem to become really rather insignificant… mear peanuts compared to all the hassles one has to go thru when working with video files.

Thanks for everyone’s reply. I just downloaded Mp3Tag and I am trying. Will post the result after this. Thanks!

***EDIT: I converted some tags to ID3V2.4 but it’s still the same. Can anyone teach me how to clean the tag? Thanks again.

Message Edited by jiatern on 05-11-2009 09:53 PM

It’s solved like wonder! I removed all the embedded IDV album art in every songs, and there’s no more lagging issue now. Thanks everyone!

I’m having the same lagging and slow response with the latest firmware upgrade.  I downloaded MP3Tag and ran it but I don’t know what I’m supposed to look for.  What should I be “cleaning up”?  The only strange thing I noticed is that there are some random numbers in the Comments field of some songs.  Do I need to only look at ID3 v2.4 tags to clean?  I’ve got MP4, WMA, ID3 v1, 2, and 3 tags.  Should I (can I) convert them to all the same?

Sorry if some of these questions seem obvious but I’ve never really looked at audio formats and tags before.  So thanks for helping a naive user.

Evan

@evanp wrote:

I’m having the same lagging and slow response with the latest firmware upgrade.  I downloaded MP3Tag and ran it but I don’t know what I’m supposed to look for.  What should I be “cleaning up”?  The only strange thing I noticed is that there are some random numbers in the Comments field of some songs.   Do I need to only look at ID3 v2.4 tags to clean?  I’ve got MP4, WMA, ID3 v1, 2, and 3 tags.  Should I (can I) convert them to all the same?

Sorry if some of these questions seem obvious but I’ve never really looked at audio formats and tags before.  So thanks for helping a naive user.

Evan

Bingo! That’s exactly what you don’t want!

Blank out or delete anything in the Comments field. And the best tag is still ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1. You can change all tags to the same format except the WMA.

@evanp wrote:

I’m having the same lagging and slow response with the latest firmware upgrade.  I downloaded MP3Tag and ran it but I don’t know what I’m supposed to look for.  What should I be “cleaning up”?  The only strange thing I noticed is that there are some random numbers in the Comments field of some songs.   Do I need to only look at ID3 v2.4 tags to clean?  I’ve got MP4, WMA, ID3 v1, 2, and 3 tags.  Should I (can I) convert them to all the same?

Evan

Bingo! That’s exactly what you don’t want!

Blank out or delete anything in the Comments field. And the best tag is still ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1. You can change all tags to the same format except the WMAs.

Thanks for the insight!  I didn’t think it looked right to have some random ■■■■ in one of the fields. 

I don’t mean to make this a tutorial but do you know how to change the tag type?  I couldn’t find a clear explaination using MP3Tag.  I also have MediaMonkey and Digital Jukebox programs on my PC that do some tag manipulation.  Neither have clear directions on converting tag types.

Thanks again.

Evan

@evanp wrote:

Thanks for the insight!  I didn’t think it looked right to have some random ■■■■ in one of the fields. 

I don’t mean to make this a tutorial but do you know how to change the tag type?  I couldn’t find a clear explaination using MP3Tag.  I also have MediaMonkey and Digital Jukebox programs on my PC that do some tag manipulation.  Neither have clear directions on converting tag types.

Thanks again.

Evan

Follow the tips in this post, highlight those tracks or albums in MP3Tag, and click on the SAVE icon.

Done.

Lather, Rinse & Repeat.

While the others you mention will edit ID3 tags too, MP3Tag is a dedicated tagging program (for Windows) and is preferred by 4 out of 5 Sansa Gurus here on the forum. :stuck_out_tongue: