Extreme 16GB Nikon D5100 'this memory card cannot be used card may be damaged insert other card'

Hi, I’m hoping somebody on here may be able to help me out. I have a Nikon D5100 & an Extreme 16GB, I have been using both without any trouble but all of a sudden when taking a photo I got the error message ‘this memory card cannot be used card may be damaged insert other card’…I have followed advice on other forums but to no avail…My Nikon firmware is the latest edition…I tried taking out and reinserting both the card and battery with the camera turned off…reformating the card from my camera…the photographs are still there, even though, the Nikon info window they would be deleted on formatting…I can view them and I have transferred them over onto my portable hard drive no problem, I did tick the option to delete the images when downloaded, thinking it may be the memory, but the photo’s are still on my camera and I can’t delete from there also, when I try to confirm delete on my camera I get the same error message as when I take photo’s ‘this memory card cannot be used card may be damaged insert other card’

Thanks for any help in advance :smiley:

First you are posting in the wrong board. This is for SSD not memory cards so this post will likely be moved. 

Check the lock switch on the side and make sure it is not in the locked position. 

If it is not in lock position the card seems to have went into read only or write protect mode. There is nothing you can do to fix that so the card would need to be replaced.