Earbuds

My Sansa Fuze’s earbuds have pulled apart at the base, and I’d like to know if it’s possible to get replacement ones. I’ve only had it for a year, and those earbuds are amazing. I took pictures as proof, just in case…

Hey, for basic “throw away” earbuds, the original Sansa ones are pretty nice.  A large percentage of users here probably have them stashed in a drawer somewhere.

I don’t know if spares are available via Support, since replacements are generally packaged together in the blister package with a Sansa.  You never know until you ask. 

Bob  :wink:

Uh, please forgive my ignorance, but what’s a blister package?? So how would I be able to ask if I can get replacements?

Simply means they’re all attached together in one package, not separately.  My refurbished Fuze and View had earbuds packaged separately - in the same box but not attached to the unit.

I really like my Klipsch Image S4 but it took them a while to burn in and it took me a while more to twiddle with the settings to find one I like.  I now rely solely on the ‘Jazz’ setting in my Fuze.  The ‘Normal’ setting didn’t give enough bass and had too much treble.  Other buds may give entirely different results and all of this is very much a matter of personal preference.

I can’t wear the sansa earbuds, they ride on a bone in my ear and hurt like h+ll after about 20 seconds.

Message Edited by Rob22315 on 02-08-2010 07:16 AM

This is a typical “blister pack” design.  Note the heat-welded seam across the top, forming a convenient hanging loop for a shop pegboard display.

The blister pack is the best way to ensure that everything we wish included with the device, arrives with the device, meaning that nothing is lost in the store or in transit.  Retailers like this package design, since it makes theft more difficult.

Personally, I like the handy cardboard box, as it allows the retailer to inspect or display the device, and the customer can see the Sansa up close and personal.  Sadly, the electronics display counter is not as common as it used to be.

Successfully opening a blister pack can sometimes require a table saw or other power tools.

Bob  :dizzy_face:

neutron_bob wrote:

This is a typical “blister pack” design.  Note the heat-welded seam across the top, forming a convenient hanging loop for a shop pegboard display.

The blister pack is the best way to ensure that everything we wish included with the device, arrives with the device, meaning that nothing is lost in the store or in transit.  Retailers like this package design, since it makes theft more difficult.

Personally, I like the handy cardboard box, as it allows the retailer to inspect or display the device, and the customer can see the Sansa up close and personal.  Sadly, the electronics display counter is not as common as it used to be.

Successfully opening a blister pack can sometimes require a table saw or other power tools.

Bob  :dizzy_face:

I prefer the Sawzall.:smileyvery-happy:

Funny you should mention that!  I was thinking of the trusty Milwaukee machine.  In our fire crew, several of my guys were also contractors.  We used Sawzalls often in overhaul operations after a fire, carrying two of them on the truck.

Git-R-Done!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Would anyone know of any earbuds that I could get at like a Wal-Mart that are close to the same as the sansa ones?

Yes!  I happened upon a really basic pair from Magnavox , sold at Target.  They look identical to the originals provided with the Sansa Clips.  Included is a wee plastic box with a rotating disc to roll up the buds and cord, pretty handy.  They are $4.99 too, not too bad!

Update!  These are the wee beasties.  We did a bit of searching through images, until I found the issue.  The headphones are Philips Magnavox MHE1500 models, like I see in this page.  I see that Target is migrating to Philips branded models, hence the sale price on the ones my wife and I found, badged as Magnavox.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 02-11-2010 12:04 AM

The included earbud/headphones are usually the weakest part of any media device. I would SERIOUSLY suggest you pony up the dough for some better head phones. Shop around online and you can get a much better deal than your local wal-mart or best-buy.  I currently have a pair of alltec lansing earbuds for my Fuze. The increase in sound quality was amazing. I can now hear frequencies that were simply not present with the sansa headphones. If, however, you really ust want to get a pair of cheap replacements, any $5 pair off the internet will suffice, just go with a name brand to ensure some modicum of quality.

Ok, thank you so much! I’ll definitely check out those Magnavox ones. :smileyvery-happy:

That’s funny.  I use the same earbuds and the Jazz setting aswell.  They are worth the $80

When I bought my original 4 Fuzes, they came in two different packages and two different earbuds.  One set was more rounded-like.  The other had a skinny stick of a stem.  The rounded one had a higher volume (a little unbalanced).  But, the skinny one had the better sound by far.   I still use the skinny one.  The sound is much warmer and pleasing to the ear.

ggin1