E200v2 03.01.16 Firmware Download & Instructions

Is there / will there be 03.01.16P version of this firmware?

Thanks

Dear friends I have a Sansa e250 v2, I want to download videos but I can not get someone can help me or perhaps I need to upgrade the firmware because I have no have a firmware help me please ¡ thanks

1. D/L Sandisk Sansa Media Converter smc-4.236 and install on PC.

2. Be sure to also install latest firmware .16

BOTH product versions solve loads of problems.

1. Connect Sansa to PC.

2. Open Media Converter.

3. Select files.

4. Click Convert.

Again, my experience is these updates do their job properly.

BTW: I own an e280v2.

Good Luck,

Ira

A way to delete videos would be good, a timeout to the screen/backlight when it’s charging and not transferring anything (I don’t mind the noise made by my pc but I mind the light that my e250 makes while charging overnight :smiley: ) and eventually a zoom function for the photos. Anyways, nice improvements, especially the low volume and better FM.

hi,
I write from Italy and I know the link just for my pomace E280 without fm radio:
1- EUROPE w/o FM -
2- EUROPE w FM -

thanks Roberto

The w and w/o mean with or without fm. If your player doesn’t have radio get the firmware from the europe w/o fm link :-)

I bought a e280 v2 a few days ago. Unfortunately my computer won’t recognize the player. I’ve tried to connect it while holding the |<< button, but nothing happens. Can anyone help me on this one? Mycomputer runs on Windows XP

@jellem wrote:
I bought a e280 v2 a few days ago. Unfortunately my computer won’t recognize the player. I’ve tried to connect it while holding the |<< button, but nothing happens. Can anyone help me on this one? Mycomputer runs on Windows XP

You need to have the hold button engaged (orange tab showing) in addition to holding the |<< button while connecting.

Hi!
I have a Sansa E250v2 2Gb and my firmware is 3.01.11

I bought the player in Australia and the region is PacRim/Asia.

Can I update the firmware with the American or European version?

The Sansa Updater says that there are no updates available at this time for my player.

Thanks 

@themarkster wrote:

@jellem wrote:
[…]

You need to have the hold button engaged (orange tab showing) in addition to holding the |<< button while connecting.

I’m aware of that, tried it that way. Nothing happens unfortunately. Do you have any other suggestions?

Ever since I downloaded this upgrade, my 280e has taken about five times longer to boot up and shut down…any suggestions as to why? Otherwise everything else seems OK, but in general it has slowed down all the transitional functions.

Is your player a v2 (blue sansa below the SanDisk logo on startup)?  I would format the device and reload the music, as something funky is going on there.

I have heard of devices returning to happy operation with a zorch of the memory for good measure following firmware upgrade.  Be sure to have a backup of all your music prior to formatting.

As an alternative, you can connect in MSC mode, and delete the mtable.sys file in the Sansa’s root directory; this is the database file containing the references to all of your loaded music.  If it is deleted, when you unplug the Sansa, it builds a new one from scratch.

If the file is not deleted, the Sansa simply appends the file- but if there’s an error within it, the corrupted file will slow things down!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Is it possible to reload the original version that was replaced with the new one?

Yes, if you are having problems with the 3.01.16 firmware, you can reinstall 3.01.14.  The burning question is do you remember what version you had originally?  The v2 was rolled out with version 3.01.11.

The earliest firmware had database refresh issues, and was released without a USB Mode option in settings.

Version 3.01.14 fixed this pair of issues, and the latest release, 3.01.16, fixed the low volume limit on the device.

The v2 is quite stable, and the latest 3.01.16 firmware is quite smooth, with virtually no complaints or hangups.  I would simply format and reload your music, as this should yield a happy device indeed.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Tell you the truth, I had the original 280 and had to format the thing two or three times. When it finally broke (dropped it accidentally), I bought the v2 and was thrilled at how much better it was. The only glitch I’m finding now is the slow boot up and turn off, so I guess I’ll live with it as long as everything else works. Reformatting again is a last resort. I don’t remember which version I had, though the tech people at Sansa probably have it on record as it was through them that I upgraded. They still haven’t gotten back to me as to how to reload the prior version. Thanks for the info, appreciate your knowledge.

I’ve been having a curious problem with my v2 280e: the micro sd card keeps popping out of its slot! Fortunately, I’ve been able to find it, twice now, but I worry that I may eventually lose it. Has anyone else had this problem? Fixes?

Dear SanDisk-Software-Engineers!

Version 03.01.16 has come in the month,

and the bug with the drop-out between

tracks is still there! Is there a chance of

a version without this ugly bug?

Or do I have to wait for a 200v2 compatible

rockbox-software to get rid of the drop-outs? 

Kind regards,

Stefan 

Well, I was finally forced to format and you were right, it fixed the slow bootup and transitions. One other thing, have you had any problems with napster? A couple of times I’ve had to format because of corrupted files, if fact that is why I had to this last time. Also, is rockbox worth it? I have an old e280 whose display is gone but still works fine and someone recommended I use rockbox…does it work ok with napster? Thanks.

Hello drchelito,

I don’t know if you are replying to my post,

but if so, I can tell you that I don’t have a

v1 player of sansa e2xx, so I have no experiance

with rockbox.

Regards,

Stefan

I have downloaded the newest firmware on my e280 (e200v2 03.01.16)

I have a choice of 3 Modes

MTP

MSC

and

Auto Detect

What is Auto Detect for (I’m clear on MTP & MSC)?

Is there an instance when I should use Auto Detect?

Thanks in advance