Device Appearing Twice

I have two SanDisk devices that I am using, a Fuze and an Express. Both of them show up as two devices in Rhapsody, Napster, and WMP, on more than one system. Why are they doing this and how do I resolve it?

One is the internal storage, the other the external. 

Neither device has external storage.

JeffGeorge wrote:
Neither device has external storage.

If you put a card in them, they would…and that’s what the computer is recognizing.

So all these applications and computers are recognizing an EMPTY external slot on both devices? It never used to appear twice. 

You must’ve switched to MSC mode from MTP mode.  Either way, it’s normal behaviour.

It shows it as two devices even in MTP mode. And I know for a fact that when I originally purchased these two devices they didn’t show up doubled in all my applications. Maybe some firmware update made that happen.

Mine always did.

@jeffgeorge wrote:
It shows it as two devices even in MTP mode. And I know for a fact that when I originally purchased these two devices they didn’t show up doubled in all my applications. Maybe some firmware update made that happen.

In MTP I get one drive and then inside that an internal and an external.  Don’t know why it’s different for you.

I don’t know either, but they are definitely listed as 2 distinct devices, one after the other. Their contents look exactly the same, as well.

@jeffgeorge wrote:
I don’t know either, but they are definitely listed as 2 distinct devices, one after the other. Their contents look exactly the same, as well.

It will show up as two devices in WMP, MM etc regardless of USB mode, but it will be seen by the OS as one drive in MTP.  That’s how it’s always been though.

Parallel universe?

//  //     

In MediaMonkey you’ll see two devices when you insert a uSD card (one for internal memory, one for external card).  In explorer, you’ll see one device with two drives (one internal memory, one external card).

Your mirror image of devices is a little strange.  No doubt a minor glitch in the space-time continuum.  

ggin1

Message Edited by ggin1 on 02-23-2010 10:28 PM