Damaged Battery Indicator

My Sansa fuze is an 8Gig Refurb model. I was charging it at my school (Which uses Optiplex 210L)(OLD) and a power surge just so happened to have occurred at the moment in which I was charging. Ever since, I have been running into issues, mainly with the Battery Indicator. 

No matter how much I charge, the Indicator remains Critical. This however, is not the case. The battery was fully charged earlier before this post, and has been operating as if on a full battery(Faster menu speeds, Ability to watch videos) but the indicator says different. What’s up with this?

@bxalbatross wrote:

My Sansa fuze is an 8Gig Refurb model. I was charging it at my school (Which uses Optiplex 210L)(OLD) and a power surge just so happened to have occurred at the moment in which I was charging. Ever since, I have been running into issues, mainly with the Battery Indicator. 

No matter how much I charge, the Indicator remains Critical. This however, is not the case. The battery was fully charged earlier before this post, and has been operating as if on a full battery(Faster menu speeds, Ability to watch videos) but the indicator says different. What’s up with this?

Sounds like your player got a little fried.  The extra current probably made a glitch in your firmware.  Reinstall the firmware and see if that fixes the battery indicator.  You’ll have to reinstall the firmware manually.  The firmware thread is posted/stickied on top of the fuze board or just use this link.  The instructions on how to do it are in the first post with the firmware download link.