Cruzer Glide 32GB is so slow......Why?

I just purchased the Glide 32GB.  I moved a 1.3GB folder into the Vault and it is taking forever!!!  Why is it so slow?  (I am using Windows 7 64 Bit).

I moved a 1.3GB folder into the Vault and it is taking forever!!!  Why is it so slow?”

Encrypting takes time.  Unless you need the security you might consider adding your files without using SecureAccess.

1 Like

How can we remove the encription and make the device run faster. other makes usualy give 18-30 Mb/s while sandisk gives only 3.6Mb/s

“How can we remove the encription”

1. Don’t use it.

2. Delete the 2 folders/3 files or maybe the opposite.

Either option should work.

The faster makes usually cost more, the same with SanDisk drives.

Hi,

There is no files in my disk now. i tried to copy some file into it. I get only 4Mb/s is it the speed it is desinged for? or is there a way to improve it. other makes give me 18mb/s

Regards,

Thomas

" is there a way to improve it."

In Windows USB devices can have their Policies changed from the default Quick Removal option to the Better Performance option which enables a caching function but you have to remember to ALWAYS use the Safely Remove option when removing the device with Windows running.

@binopt wrote:

Hi,

There is no files in my disk now. i tried to copy some file into it. I get only 4Mb/s is it the speed it is desinged for? or is there a way to improve it. other makes give me 18mb/s

Regards,

Thomas

this is an entry level device. not a performance device. this is as fast as she will get. if you are looking for performance i would suggest the cruzer USB 3.0 drive. SDCZ80

What is this entry level. How come the other make of usb 2.0 work faster and and Sandisk can’t? am I missing something?

Binopt

I know this is a little old but this drive is terrible compared to others and I agree SanDisk should have never released a product this terrible. Yes for small files 3MB isn’t bad but when most other drives as you say can average 18-20MB/sec for the same price, it is pitiful.

This by far is the worst $7 I spent on one and will never buy these again.

This by far is the worst $7 I spent

LOL!!  :laughing:  A quality drive costs about 10 times as much and that’s at WalMart!!  :wink:

LOL!!   A quality drive costs about 10 times as much and that’s at WalMart!! 

Ed

Actually no. The Microcenter drive is the same price and I get very good transfer rates. This is the only stick that I have owned where I can say the writes are so slow that I don’t want to use it.

hmmmm  Are you writing files to the SecureAccess vault?

I’m not using that software.

Take a look at the reviews on NewEgg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA12K0C54549&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

Yes there aren’t a lot of reviews on this. Even on Slickdeals they warn users that these devices are slow compared to similar priced models.

Here are more on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Glide-Flash-SDCZ60-016G-B35/product-reviews/B007YX9O9O/ref=dp_db_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

SanDisk should refund all of the users that are complaining about these horrible drives or give us users something that transfers at 15-20MB/sec.

Reviews by users can be misleading.  For whatever reason people are quick to post negative comments and rare to post positive ones.

Maybe their USB ports are 1.x vs 2.x or 3.x.  Maybe they are using it for large files vs smaller ones.  Maybe their USB ports are set for Fast Removal rather than Performance. etc.

I have no idea what these particular drives are designed for but if I look for a USB Flash drive to backup my harddrive, for example, I’m going to look for something a little more expensive than a $7 drive. 

First of all, I have no idea what you guys are doing wrong, but I use TeraCopy Pro, and I can transfer full length bluray quality movies and several gb’s of music onto this drive in very very little time.

So far, it’s Great. I picked up 2 of these for $10 a piece.

Well like I said, I noticed a problem with this memory stick being slow to transfer larger files 400+ meg.

I ran a test of a 1GB file on various thumb drives

Glide 16GB 5:01

Team 8GB  2:28

Microcenter 4GB 3:16

PNY 16GB 2:05

I only ran the test once, using the same USB port and the same file. The PNY was purchased from BestBuy for $1 less than the Glide.  There isn’t anything I am doing wrong as every other USB stick is better in timing over the Glide. This stick is probably ok for most documents etc. but for large files the wait it too long.

@npolite wrote:

The PNY was purchased from BestBuy for $1 less than the Glide.  There isn’t anything I am doing wrong as every other USB stick is better in timing over the Glide.  

You want a faster drive, buy a faster drive. The cruzer is not built for performance. Others (more expensive) are.

You want a faster drive, buy a faster drive. The cruzer is not built for performance.

The issue isn’t just the performance, the issue also that it is not on par with other products for the same cost. At the performance this thing does it should only cost $3-4 not $10.

@npolite wrote:

You want a faster drive, buy a faster drive. The cruzer is not built for performance.

The issue isn’t just the performance, the issue also that it is not on par with other products for the same cost. At the performance this thing does it should only cost $3-4 not $10.

The same comparison could be made for cars. Your point?

The same comparison could be made for cars. Your point?

I guess you don’t really understand my point or are in denial and work for SanDisk.

I as a consumer expect that similar products perform close or the same as others. This is clearly not the case with this product from my benchmarks. If you don’t understand that the item really should cost half the price of the competition for the performance then all is lost. GM had the same mentality, “What’s your point that Honda makes better cars?” and I guess they found out the hard way when they went bankrupt.