Could the Sandisk[R] make Clip+ support Chinse characters please?

I have read a former message which indicated that Clip+ can not display Chinese characters .

Are there any solutions to solve this problem? Could the Sandisk release a new firmware to  add Chinese chracter support?

I’m from the mainland of China, and I bought a Clip+ in Amazon.com two days ago when I didn’t know it couldn’t display Chinse characters…

Is this a tragedy?:cry:

But I like the Sansa CLIP+ so much…

anybody can hep me…?

Kinda stupid if they don’t support Chinese. Product is made in China, is sold by an Asian company,and the China market is huge! C’mon Sansa - DOH!!!

I believe the Chinese language is supported in the menus & listings on the player if you select the proper Region.

The problem arises when it encounters the Chinese characters in the ID3 tags of the song files. Something that should be fixed in a future firmware update, if it hasn’t already.

Not having any Chinese songs, I can’t check it out. The Clip+ is a brand new player with brand new firmware, so it may or may not work. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

I hope you are right, then Chinese characters may be supported in some extent.

If SanDisk can release a new firmware to support Cc, it is realy good!

Chinese is used widely in the world, it will be warmly welcomed if they support it.

@tapeworm wrote:

I believe the Chinese language is supported in the menus & listings on the player if you select the proper Region.

The problem arises when it encounters the Chinese characters in the ID3 tags of the song files. Something that should be fixed in a future firmware update, if it hasn’t already.

Not having any Chinese songs, I can’t check it out. The Clip+ is a brand new player with brand new firmware, so it may or may not work. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

I hope you are right, then Chinese characters may be supported in some extent.

If SanDisk can release a new firmware to support Cc, it is realy good!

Chinese is used widely in the world, it will be warmly welcomed if they support it.

My Clip+ 2G has no problem displaying traditional Chinese characters of file/folder names and ID3 tags in unicodes.  Everything just works perfectly.  :wink:

@dora wrote:
My Clip+ 2G has no problem displaying traditional Chinese characters of file/folder names and ID3 tags in unicodes.  Everything just works perfectly.  :wink:

Really? Great!

It is too good!  :smileyvery-happy:

@dora wrote:

Really? Great!

It is too good!  :smileyvery-happy:Thank you very much for your information :slight_smile: