Clip owner thinking of going Clip+ - what are the differences ??

Hi,

I’ve had a Clip now for a couple of years and am thinking of passing it onto my young boy and upgrading to the Clip+.

I know it’s got the expansion slot for extra memory (nice) but have SanDisk improved (for example) the very slow scroll rate which annoyed so many of us with the Clip ??

i.e. does the artist name/song (if long string of text) scroll from left to right at a sensible pace (before, on the Clip, it’d scroll too slowly before the screen would go blank).

Please advise as this one point is a real frustration and enough to turn me off buying another Sansa.

Any other points about the Clip+ worth knowing before purchasing would be great.

Thanks,

Jez

Yes, the scroll is much improved and faster so as not to be the Clip’s painful experience (I think it could be faster still, or adjustable).

Another nice addition with the Clip+:  the option of folder navigation, just like on your computer. 

On the clip+, there’s wrap-around scrolling for songs, artists, folders, etc. and it’s fast.  A good feature to have since it supports 32gb cards and there’s no search feature.

I find that being able to just hold down the up or down buttons makes scrolling through long lists much easier than having to constantly spin a scroll wheel.

My daughters absolutely love their original Clips.  They are tough little machines.  You will love the new Clip+, it’s a direct descendant of the original design, using cool functionalities borrowed from the Sansa Fuze platform.

From the moment you turn on the new Clip+ , I guarantee you’ll be amazed.  If functions very similarly to the Clip you’re used to, but the screens sweep, rather than “spapping” to the new menu choice, a really nice touch.  The new machine is atomic fast in comparison.  Just try flipping between music files when you get the new toy.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Clip+ pros:

-power button a bit easier to operate

-square control button a bit easier to use than round one on Clip

Clip+ cons:

-When fast forwarding through a podcast it pauses for a second and then starts. Very annoying as the Clip was much quicker.

-annoying slot radio menu item

I’m actually thinking of returning my new Clip+ and getting an original Clip.

@orci wrote:

Clip+ pros:

-power button a bit easier to operate

-square control button a bit easier to use than round one on Clip

Clip+ cons:

-When fast forwarding through a podcast it pauses for a second and then starts. Very annoying as the Clip was much quicker.

-annoying slot radio menu item

I’m actually thinking of returning my new Clip+ and getting an original Clip.

You’re crazy…the old one has no card slot, no folder browse mode…

Oh wow, you’re right. Those are two more pros of the clip+. That does mean I’m crazy, then? Great logic, doctor.