Change needed in firmware for audiobooks

This has probably been mentioned a zillion times, but we need the fuze to simply play each track, sequentially, until it runs out of tracks.  Should be a very simple firmware change.  Once I press play keep playing until the last track in that folder.  When stopped, remember the track and position and restart there.  Please make this simple, easy change for all of us audiobook readers.

Hmmm.  I listen to audiobooks all the time.  Could you describe the behavior you get?! 

I press “play” and it plays track after track to the end of the book, unless I pause it to turn it off, then it picks right up where I left off (the only thing I’d ask for there is a 2 second rewind upon restarting). 

I put my audiobooks in the “Audiobooks” folder on the Fuze.  I either get my books from Overdrive.com (mostly WMA files) or ripping in WMP (MP3).  Either way, I check the id3 tags in MP3tag before transferring them to my player to make sure they make sense.

@easy205 wrote:
This has probably been mentioned a zillion times, but we need the fuze to simply play each track, sequentially, until it runs out of tracks.  Should be a very simple firmware change.  Once I press play keep playing until the last track in that folder.  When stopped, remember the track and position and restart there.  Please make this simple, easy change for all of us audiobook readers.

I’ve never seen it fail to continue on to the next file, but I’m a Linux user, so I never use the “MTP” mode and always use the “MSC” mode.  So I’m just dragging and dropping to copy the files instead of using some kind of media player/library app to load my Fuze.

And because I’m lazy and don’t want to be bothered with ensuring that all my tags are well behaved, I never use the “database” features of the Fuze.  So when I’m picking a file to play, I don’t go directly to the “audiobooks” folder.  Instead I go Music->Folders->Audiobooks->WhateverBookImReading [which, IIUC, you can’t do if you use the MTP mode].

IMHO, the database crap is useless and just adds a bunch of failure points (including the white screens of death that some people have experienced). 

AFA the resume feature, your description wasn’t detailed enough to know exactly what you meant.  I’m not sure if your saying it doesn’t work at all for you or if it sometimes forgets.  It always “works” for me.  But “working” doesn’t mean it remembers under all circumstances.  Only the last file played is remembered, so if you go off and listen to another track it “remembers” that one and forgets the previous track.  And it always seems to “forget” after being connected to a computer. Personally, I’d like to see true bookmarking, just like they already have for video file.