Can't see some files on the player

Hello, I bought a SanDisk Clip 8gb and I added a 32gb sd card as well and I transfered all the files from my computer to the player but I don’t know why the player can’t read some of the albums on the MicroSD card folder but I can still see them when I connect the player via USB. Any help with this problem?

Your Clip sorts, organizes and displays the individual Artist, Album, Track, etc. from the information contained in the ID3 tags of the files. If it cannot read the tag, it lumps them all together under “Unknown”.

You will have to edit and/or change the format of the ID3 tags in order for your Clip to “see” these files. A good, free program to do that with is MP3Tag. The tag format your player is looking for is ID3v2.3 ISO0-8859-1. You can changet the default Write setting in the program in the Tools menu. Once opened in the program, your files can then be re-saved in this new format.

For more information, use the Search function here on the forum. There are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of threads/posts/tips on this issue.

Or, you can scroll down to the bottom of the Music menu and select Folders. With this option, you should be able to find and play your music by the folder/file name.

It’s not that I can’t find them, they’re nowhere to be found in the player but I can see them in the card when I plug it in the USB. I was reading somewhere else that it could be the fact that I reached the database limitation? 

@capo83 wrote:

It’s not that I can’t find them, they’re nowhere to be found in the player but I can see them in the card when I plug it in the USB. I was reading somewhere else that it could be the fact that I reached the database limitation? 

Well yes, that could be it. How many files do you have on the player and card combined?

around 6000

Sounds like you’ve hit the limitations of the Clip’s database. FWIW, you may be interested in using rockbox, since there is no limit on the number of files in rockbox.

thank you very much for your answers guys!