Can't drag and drop or delete files its write protected and can only view files .

I have the password and its accepted but it wont do anything like write to disk or format .

i hav been re trying to remove the error  which occured to my 8 gb sandisk cruze  i have been trying to remove all the formating comands and hp software but no use of doing all this things breake the usb 

i have the same problem is there anyone who can help me please

What can I do to remove except to change a new one

Judging by the amount posts I read in this forum alone. SanDisk has an issue with there USB drives, and they have not addressed anyones concerns about the issue either. Just all of us customers explaining the issues we are having, and no one from the companies support team is helping with the problems.

I to am having the same write-protection error when trying to format or copy to the drive. Best solution I have found so far is to stop buying SanDisk products because of their lack of support, and go with someone else that appriciates your money.

@esproc wrote:

Judging by the amount posts I read in this forum alone. SanDisk has an issue with there USB drives, and they have not addressed anyones concerns about the issue either. Just all of us customers explaining the issues we are having, and no one from the companies support team is helping with the problems.

I to am having the same write-protection error when trying to format or copy to the drive. Best solution I have found so far is to stop buying SanDisk products because of their lack of support, and go with someone else that appriciates your money.

This is due to the fact that this is a user’s forum, and not an official tech support forum. If no one has an answer, they generally don’t respond.

I suggest you (all of you) contact SanDisk Tech Support directly for questions or problems that cannot be addressed or solved here. You can find a (global) listing of contact phone numbers, etc. here.

That is after all, what the support people are paid for. :wink:

Had same problem. Odd. But I found a file named view.pdf in my waste while trying to delete files.

I just got it out of the waste bin and was then able to delete files from cruzer. Hope it works for you.

I have no idea what that file contains, my MAC can’t read it

This is a known hardware error and can’t be fixed. Sandisk is aware of the issue, although there is no official recall for the product. This is an offical answer if you contact customer service:

"I understand that you are getting write protection error while accessing your Cruzer flash drive. The flash drive has detected a potential fault and has become write protected to prevent data loss. There is no method to fix this. You will need to backup your data and replace the flash drive.

Our team of developers is in combination with the OS developers looking into a solution to resolve this issue.

Please note that only a minor percentage of users are experiencing the write protection issue and these are the customers posting on the internet to find a solution."

SOLUTION 1: Return to where you bought and get a refund (as others usb drives might have the same issue)

SOLUTION 2: Contact Sandisk costumer service and get a refund, for the same reasons